By Appointment Only?

butterflywings5

<3 Coach!!
O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
Hi everyone! I received a phone call today from my Coach store in Cherry Hill, NJ. They told the person who took the call for me that they're starting this new thing where if you dont make an appointment time to use your PCE, then you won't be able to get the discount. Anyone else hearing this?

WHAT???? That is insane! I bet anything if you showed up and wanted to spend money while using your PCE, they would take it.................. I don't see how they can do that if you have the PCE card from the mail. Carazzzzzzzzy. Hope someone can confirm or deny this definetely.

I just received a call from my Coach store reminding me about the PCE date. My SA stated that she was looking forward to seeing me this weekend so that she could assist me with my purchase(s). This particular Coach store is located a good 45 minute drive from me so my SA knows that I can only visit her store during the weekends. Not once during our conversation did my SA state that I had to book an appointment with her in order to be able to use my PCE card. I would recommend that you call the Coach store back to confirm the message that was left for you with regards to an appointment being needed in order for you to be able to use your PCE discount.

No, that just sounds wacky---are they trying to lose sales?! I got a phone message inviting me to come in to the boutique a day early and enjoy snacks while I browse. Now that's customer service! Food and Coach--two of my favorite things . . .

That is crazy, sounds like the SA was confused. I got a call about my PCE and the SA offered an appointment if I wanted one, but that was a courtesy not a requirement. I can't believe they'd turn you away, they're a retail store not a country club :P

That's insane. I was speaking to a manager today about my PCE and she told me when she was going to be in so I could deal with her directly over something I'll need approval on but she didn't tell me I had to make an appointment. Maybe the SA was just trying to be courteous and set aside some time for you? I refuse to make an appointment to shop and give someone my hard earned money (well, aside from my dr. I guess, but that's a different story, lol).

My first PCE which was in the summer of 2008, I never got a card...just a call. I had never heard of PCE but set up an appointment for the 25% off.

I ended up working with a SA who was exclusively there to help me during my appointment. She was wonderful and fun--I remember this because it was a great shopping experience for me. She helped me pick out my beloved Courtney and I was thrilled.

I think Coach does this to inspire relationships between customer and SA. I really liked that scheduled shopping experience.

But, hey, it's not for everyone...just know what you want and go in and grab it!

I definitely think it's a great idea for an SA to set aside time for a customer. One on one service...really nice. If it ever becomes a required thing though, I will take my business elsewhere.

Hi everyone! I received a phone call today from my Coach store in Cherry Hill, NJ. They told the person who took the call for me that they're starting this new thing where if you dont make an appointment time to use your PCE, then you won't be able to get the discount. Anyone else hearing this?

WHAT?!?!? That's one I plan to go to. The one in Cherry Hill mall, right?

I also wanted to say that Coach is usually never busier than it is during PCE. I am thinking Coach encourages customers to make appointments so that they can get one on one attention like they usually do. I am sure that it something they do so that their level of customer service still remains high...because there is nothing worse than standing there trying to get attention and being unable to get help.

I have never made an appointment, and my normal store never calls to invite me, anyway. I just get the card in the mail and go in during the dates listed. I would think the card would specify that one must call for an appointment if an appointment was required. Otherwise, I think it is simply a courtesy. I don't see the boutique turning down a sale just because one didn't have an appointment. As for one on one service, I was in the Tulsa Woodland Hills store Saturday with only one other customer. Three SAs stood in the center of the store talking amongst themselves, and only one of them finally said Hi to me after I had already made the loop. No "Can I help you?" or "Were you looking for something in particular?" I most definitely won't be making an appointment for that kind of treatment.

WHAT?!?!? That's one I plan to go to. The one in Cherry Hill mall, right?

Yup, that's the one... I'm really starting to think that it was an SA that was offering an appointment and the person who took my message misinterpreted it all as I'm always offered appointments but never take them, or that it was a new SA who wasn't sure... oh well, one appointment won't hurt if I can't get 25% off something(s) pretty. :nuts:

WOW, seriously?? I've shopped many times at KOP, and they have told me if I want to make an appt, I can so that someone is avail to help me shop, etc., but it was never a pressure situation. This has happened in the past when I was actually getting PCE cards, and they called to inform me too, but they never said I had to do that. It was simply a courtesy. No matter where I shop, I typically try to go when I know certain SAs that I like to work with will be there, but they have never pressured me at all like that. That call would turn me off for sure, if in fact, that is the case about the new system.