Bvlgari Divas' Dreams - MOP or Carnelian?

Feb 19, 2012
Hi all, I tried on both the MOP and carnelian Divas' Dream necklace and cannot for the life of me decide which one suits me better.

I like both a lot, though have always been more inclined towards onyx or carnelian as from online research it seems they're lower maintenance than MOP.

Anyway, I thought to throw the consideration out to you wonderful ladies because I have no one in my life that cares to participate in yet another jewelry discussion with me! Thanks ☺️

PS. I'm tad annoyed I didn't take my Frivole off for all the photos but there you are. Just imagine my neck without it. I'm not planning to do any stacking with these pieces. They'll all be standalone.

IMG_20200916_114530~2.jpgIMG_20200916_114818~2.jpgIMG_20200916_114924~2.jpg

Hi all, I tried on both the MOP and carnelian Divas' Dream necklace and cannot for the life of me decide which one suits me better.

I like both a lot, though have always been more inclined towards onyx or carnelian as from online research it seems they're lower maintenance than MOP.

Anyway, I thought to throw the consideration out to you wonderful ladies because I have no one in my life that cares to participate in yet another jewelry discussion with me! Thanks ☺

PS. I'm tad annoyed I didn't take my Frivole off for all the photos but there you are. Just imagine my neck without it. I'm not planning to do any stacking with these pieces. They'll all be standalone.

View attachment 4850005View attachment 4850006View attachment 4850007
I’m no help because I think they are both very pretty And look great with your skin tone. I think it comes down to the clothing colors you will be wearing with the necklace. Good luck!

Reactions: hhw
What a pretty necklace. They both look nice on you. I do think the carnelian really complements your skin tone and also makes the diamond pop. There is a nice contrast between the gold and carnelian.
Good luck deciding. Can’t go wrong with either.

I love this necklace and both look stunning on you. Hard to pick, but I see that you live in the UK, so on that basis I would choose the carnelian as I think it will look sensational with all seasonal wardrobes. Hope this helps:smile:

I had this exact dilemma! The Bvlgari carnelian doesn't look good on my skintone tho, so it's MOP for me. I find the VCA Carnelian to be a tad darker, which I prefer on myself. I think both look amazing on you, but carnelian definitely has an extra OOMPH! :heart:

Carnelian looks better on your skin tone

It'shard to get perspective as I love both, so outside opinion is very helpful ☺️

I had this exact dilemma! The Bvlgari carnelian doesn't look good on my skintone tho, so it's MOP for me. I find the VCA Carnelian to be a tad darker, which I prefer on myself. I think both look amazing on you, but carnelian definitely has an extra OOMPH! :heart:

Lovely that it's a clear-cut choice for you ☺️ I was certainly surprised by how vibrantly red the Bvlgari carnelian was, and I think the cut makes it look extra shiny.

Does anyone know what colour grade diamonds Bvlgari uses for their jewellery? For example that diamond on the diva dream necklace. I believe houses like VCA and Harry Winston only use DEF. I couldn't find any info on Bvlgari website. TIA! :smile: