BVettes: Are YOU Staying, Watching and Waiting or Leaving BV under CD Daniel Lee?

That's interesting! Your BV and H collections are so lovely and IMO really "hang" with your personal style and your approach to living with beautiful things. I really get the urge to purge, especially given the state of the world now, but I wonder if that would be a temporary detour to so drastically edit and pivot?

I myself wrestle with this on a daily basis. For the time being I have come to the conclusion that the luxury of having a certain amount of bag choices in my closet is good for my mental health right now. I do love my 3 BVs (all TM's City Veneta), and while they have recently been relocated within my closet to a less "front and center" position (it's a very large design and I really don't need a bag that size just yet), I am holding on tight. Nothing coming out from BV under DL comes even close to their function or aesthetics.

Thank you for the kind words. And, I think you’re right about the probable consequences of acting too quickly and severely, which I sometimes do.

I just took a tally. Out of 16 remaining bags, 8 are black. Out of the 8 black bags, 5 are clutches. I think, at some point, I need to thin out the black clutch category. I guess I’m trying to find some sort of perfect balance but I don’t know what that balance actually looks like. At 70, I think I should have this figured out, but I don’t...and it’s frustrating.....

I sometimes feel the same. I think I was too emotionally invested in what I considered to be the perfection of BV. I still have 7 BV, but only if I count the suede Arco, which has been a disappointment. I’ve bought some Hermès clutches but I‘m just not attached to bags as a whole, like I used to be. I’ve actually been thinking I could let go of almost everything in my closet. Sometimes I wonder if it’s time to go find three basic nice, but unidentifiable, bags and be done with it.
why is Arco a disappointment? (if you don't mind to share)
i was secretly mulling over an idea of a big purge, i finally brought myself to the point when i don't carry all and the kitchen sink, so i thought i didn't need so many big bags in my life and could let go some, but alas, this damn covid-19 messed up all plans, now when you NEED to have gloves and masks, and sanitizer, and god knows what else, this means 1 extra pouch with all these small bits, and here i am back to the need of the larger bag :facepalm:

why is Arco a disappointment? (if you don't mind to share)
i was secretly mulling over an idea of a big purge, i finally brought myself to the point when i don't carry all and the kitchen sink, so i thought i didn't need so many big bags in my life and could let go some, but alas, this damn covid-19 messed up all plans, now when you NEED to have gloves and masks, and sanitizer, and god knows what else, this means 1 extra pouch with all these small bits, and here i am back to the need of the larger bag :facepalm:

I had expected the suede to be a better quality. The texture felt very rough and the color looked rough too. It didn’t look or feel like a high quality suede. I liked the style and thought it might grow on me, but it didn’t. I intended it to be nice shopping bag that I could keep in the car trunk to grab when I went into stores. (My trunk is clean so it should have worked.) I will say that the leather was thick enough to hold its shape well, it just didn’t look good, IMO. I just stopped using it. :sad:

I had expected the suede to be a better quality. The texture felt very rough and the color looked rough too. It didn’t look or feel like a high quality suede. I liked the style and thought it might grow on me, but it didn’t. I intended it to be nice shopping bag that I could keep in the car trunk to grab when I went into stores. (My trunk is clean so it should have worked.) I will say that the leather was thick enough to hold its shape well, it just didn’t look good, IMO. I just stopped using it. :sad:
i see, thanks for replying.
I don't like the suede, too
i was in the BV store last weekend, and there was padded Cassette in suede, it looked anything but BV, suede looked cheap and thin :tdown:

Reactions: 880, RT1 and Juda
Thank you for the kind words. And, I think you’re right about the probable consequences of acting too quickly and severely, which I sometimes do.

I just took a tally. Out of 16 remaining bags, 8 are black. Out of the 8 black bags, 5 are clutches. I think, at some point, I need to thin out the black clutch category. I guess I’m trying to find some sort of perfect balance but I don’t know what that balance actually looks like. At 70, I think I should have this figured out, but I don’t...and it’s frustrating.....
IMO you have and have always had some of the most beautiful bags ever produced, I understand the need to purge and organize, but can one ever have enough black bags?

IMO you have and have always had some of the most beautiful bags ever produced, I understand the need to purge and organize, but can one ever have enough black bags?
Thank you....I have been extremely fortunate in that I’ve somehow found several bags that are not easily acquired.
But now I find myself simply not using all the black bags. I’m trying to be patient (I’m not really good at it!) because I don’t know (yet) if I really have too many or if it’s just the past three months of being stuck at home that’s making me feel that way. I’m trying to find that “sweet spot” where my bag needs are covered but nothing sits idle...

Reactions: 880, RT1 and Juda
Thank you....I have been extremely fortunate in that I’ve somehow found several bags that are not easily acquired.
But now I find myself simply not using all the black bags. I’m trying to be patient (I’m not really good at it!) because I don’t know (yet) if I really have too many or if it’s just the past three months of being stuck at home that’s making me feel that way. I’m trying to find that “sweet spot” where my bag needs are covered but nothing sits idle...
Well, as you have demonstrated quite inventively during this time, they make excellent objets d'art, which definitely lets them not be idle.