BV Veneta Handles

lisamiru89

BV-ette
Sep 26, 2011
Hi all.. I'm pretty new to BV..I just got my beautiful Sapphire veneta 2 months ago and I love it so much!​

Now the handles had stretched a bit, so I was wondering whether the stitching on the handles are durable? Especially those who are already using their venetas for years and years?
334rqtx.jpg

They won't get loose or break so easily right? The stitching is right in middle where it sits on your shoulder, so I'm kinda worried!:graucho:

I have an Alexander Wang bag with the same placement of the stitching (ie. on the middle of the handles) -- and it broke so easily?​

My hobos are not new, they have the same type of handle, and there have been no issues whatsoever. I haven't had them for 'years and years' but they were used when I bought them, so perhaps so!

Please, hang out and soak in all the ambiance here - there is so much to learn - Alexander Wang, while a great designer, has nothing on Bottega Veneta. BV's whole tradition and reason for existence is their master craft of leather (among other things, but I'm just saying they definitely know what they are doing). It's why they are considered a 'premium designer' and AW is a 'contemporary designer'.

You are so lucky to have a Veneta! I couldn't find a size that suited me, and fell in love the Cervo Hobos, my lifetime bags. :heart:

I've had my belly veneta for a year and I "work" my bags pretty hard - I put books in them, I've put my iPad in my belly veneta and it looks completely fine. My mother owns a couple venetas that she has had for years and she hasn't mentioned any issues with the durability of the bags.

Most of my bags are venetas and some I've had a long time. I've had no issues with the stitching. I like when the handle stretches as it will fit over a winter coat easier. I will say, some veneta handles lay flatter than others. That bulky seam tends to go to one side but in two of my bags it flattens nicely right in the middle on the underside, if you know what I mean. I wish they all laid like that.

Thanks for your sweet responses! I feel like putting my iPad in my BV..but I guess I'm just too scared to break it..I guess I'm more confident with my BV durability now :smile:

I put my ipad in my large Veneta as well as the usaual purse items (wallet, cosmetic case, coin/card case) plus large sunglasses, water bottle, book and some other odds and ends. It was stuffed and almost hard to zip closed. And it's no worse for the wear!

I put my ipad in my large Veneta as well as the usaual purse items (wallet, cosmetic case, coin/card case) plus large sunglasses, water bottle, book and some other odds and ends. It was stuffed and almost hard to zip closed. And it's no worse for the wear!

Wow! I thought I put a lot in my bag! You've got me beat, grietje;).

Thanks for the replies! I've been carrying my veneta continuously for a week now, and the handles get softer and softer. It's amazing!

The best part is it will shape to your shoulder and the bag will drape softer and softer against your body. Mine doesn't move or slip which other bags do. It's a genius design but I'm not surprised since it comes from the incredible mind of Tomas Maier.

elliesaurus said:
I've had my belly veneta for a year and I "work" my bags pretty hard - I put books in them, I've put my iPad in my belly veneta and it looks completely fine. My mother owns a couple venetas that she has had for years and she hasn't mentioned any issues with the durability of the bags.

Is yours an iPad1 or 2? In a medium or large belly veneta? I have the iPad 1, but am a little nervous about fitting it in my medium belly veneta.

Is yours an iPad1 or 2? In a medium or large belly veneta? I have the iPad 1, but am a little nervous about fitting it in my medium belly veneta.

I have the iPad 1 and a large belly. I have never tried putting it in a medium belly so I'm not really sure if it will fit. I am able to cram a ton of stuff (large wallet, scarf, books, travel document case, snacks) into the large belly even with the iPad in it, so it's worth trying.