BV tPF SO #2 - Foldover Case (Redux) lets talk about colors

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Bad news: our top two color choices, Platino Ossidato and Peltro are off the table.

Good News: The item itself was approved.

Lets talk about what colors we would like for this. We really need input from the guys that are interested in this item.

Everyone please throw out some colors! This time around, I'll check what we can get before doing a poll.

Iridescent Ash
Elephant Armatura
Original Armatura

Iridescent Ash is beautiful IRL. Very subtle sheen to it.

I haven't seen the other two colors IRL, but open to them. Is the Armatura made with the grosgrain process? I personally prefer smooth nappa.

I mentioned the "green ottone" in the earlier thread. I know it had a name, but I don't remember the name (it was in the same collection as parma chevre, but it was green-based instead of parma-based. Is this an option? I've never seen it in person, but I remember seeing it in a catalog (I think it was Resort 2007).

EDITED TO ADD: I see that uclaboi posted photos of the green ottone in the Metallic Colors reference:
http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...olor-family-pics-only-246388.html#post5242324

-Also, I see from that thread that ReRe already owns the iridescent ash card case, in case that affects the way we feel about SO-ing that same item.

Last edited:
I'm on the edge about the foldover case, but here goes anyway.

Iridescent Ash - is indeed beautiful. I'd love to hear from our male PFers what they think of this colour, though, is it unisex enough? I would probably love that in the bracelet in place of peltro.

Elephant/Original Armatura - I think the original armatura was made in the foldover case. ReRe has it, I think, and miss_fancybags has had it at her store (I've been watching it for a while.:shame:smile: I haven't seen Elephant irl but I too would prefer nappa than gross grain.

blueiris, I was just writing about your suggestion in the other thread, and I think it's a lovely idea! uclaboi's wallet in Green Ottone is beautiful.

I loved oxidized copper from the last season, and would love to get something in that colour. However, many items went 50% off for the infamous sale and SOing sounds a bit silly.

Ferro would be also nice, and so would Ash Scuro.

Here are two pics of Iridescent Ash. There are more in the reference area under accessories.

Attachments

• BV Iridescent Ash Pouch 08 Outdoor 2.jpg
    BV Iridescent Ash Pouch 08 Outdoor 2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 83
  • BV Iridescent Ash Pouch 08 Outdoor 5.jpg
    BV Iridescent Ash Pouch 08 Outdoor 5.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 75
I liked the iridescent range from F/W 08, especially iridescent eclipse (although this would probably not be unisex enough).

The ottone with a green undertone is a great idea. I'd love either that or parma ottone.

Did anyone else ever wonder how that the version in more feminine colours does have a press button closure under the flap and the one in more masculine colours doesn't?

Would that maybe influence our colour decision?