BV Pets - photos of your BV with a pet

We just celebrated Hubble's second adoption anniversary on May 7. It is hard to believe that so much has changed in our pack in those two years that he has gone in no time from being the youngest to now one of the most senior members of our pack. We still are not sure exactly how old he is - although he has started to go grey in the face so we think he might be older than we thought originally and, since we celebrate his birthday together with his adoption day, have "deemed" him to be 5 years old now (since that was when Moose started to go grey). He is also very much an old soul, which tends to make him seem older even than he might be. But however old he is, we love him to bits!

Attachments

• Hubble in car.jpg
    Hubble in car.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 132
Buzzy is settling well into his role as elder beagle of the house - but together with that has also seemed to suddenly start to age in front of our eyes. Sadly, he now has an inoperable cataract in one of his huge brown eyes (which are still rimmed with awesome "guyliner")... but we are told he can still see movement out of the eye and his other one is still clear. I wish they would live forever... we adopted Buzz in October 2008 and although he was a young lad then, time certainly does march on.

Here is Buzzy Wonderful at his apogee.

Attachments

• Buzzy Wonderful.jpg
    Buzzy Wonderful.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 129
Nutmeg has been with us just over a month now, and it seems like she has been here forever (in a good way!). She and Shortcake play constantly, and although they sound like they are tearing each other to bits, they seem to be having a great time. The boys generally leave the girls to play - although Hubble does step in to let them know when he feels they have had enough play and should simmer down! Buzzy does join in the play sometimes, mostly to randomly hump one or the other of them (he seems to be smitten by both...).

Here is a rare shot of Nutmeg and Shortcake NOT playing!

We just celebrated Hubble's second adoption anniversary on May 7. It is hard to believe that so much has changed in our pack in those two years that he has gone in no time from being the youngest to now one of the most senior members of our pack. We still are not sure exactly how old he is - although he has started to go grey in the face so we think he might be older than we thought originally and, since we celebrate his birthday together with his adoption day, have "deemed" him to be 5 years old now (since that was when Moose started to go grey). He is also very much an old soul, which tends to make him seem older even than he might be. But however old he is, we love him to bits!

Buzzy is settling well into his role as elder beagle of the house - but together with that has also seemed to suddenly start to age in front of our eyes. Sadly, he now has an inoperable cataract in one of his huge brown eyes (which are still rimmed with awesome "guyliner")... but we are told he can still see movement out of the eye and his other one is still clear. I wish they would live forever... we adopted Buzz in October 2008 and although he was a young lad then, time certainly does march on.

Here is Buzzy Wonderful at his apogee.

And now gone, but never forgotten and always loved (from left to right) - Popcorn, Moose and Booker.

Lovely family photos! You have quite a nice brood.

Love all your photos (and the beautiful/handsome dogs depicted). Hope to meet them someday! So far, Zoey has only tried to hump Mark's leg, and mine in a pinch; Mark's is the preferred, and only when she's either very happy or hasn't had enough work to tire her out.

Love how dogs play together - I've got some great photos when Zoey and her same-age friend Emma were in the play-groove - just all teeth and pretend-tearing of flesh, quite ferocious until you realized nothing was really happening. :lol:

Nutmeg has been with us just over a month now, and it seems like she has been here forever (in a good way!). She and Shortcake play constantly, and although they sound like they are tearing each other to bits, they seem to be having a great time. The boys generally leave the girls to play - although Hubble does step in to let them know when he feels they have had enough play and should simmer down! Buzzy does join in the play sometimes, mostly to randomly hump one or the other of them (he seems to be smitten by both...).

Here is a rare shot of Nutmeg and Shortcake NOT playing!

And now gone, but never forgotten and always loved (from left to right) - Popcorn, Moose and Booker.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pix. They are making me smile because I grew up in a house dominated by beagles. (My Mom wasn't good at being the real alpha dog in the pack.) They all had such different personalities. Their relationships and interactions provided never ending amusement and incredible insight into the hound psyche.

Thanks! The variety of personalities within our pack is certainly amazing - they are definitely snowflakes (but then again, aren't we all...).

And Mousse - do you have any pictures or your beagles from back in the day? I would sure love to see them!

The play discussions reminded me of this picture from way back when Popcorn and Moose used to play - Booker was never much of a player and preferred to be the referee!

Attachments

• DSCN0367.jpg
    DSCN0367.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 119
And for some reason I'd forgotten all about my dad's dog (mom and dad were divorced) - when I was a teen into my early 20s, Duchess was always there - my dad taught her to ride on his motorcycle with him. Slowly, of course. Duchess was... You guessed it ... A Beagle. I'll try to find a photo of her on the bike. Her training was always what I aspired to in my own dog relationships. :smile:

Thanks! The variety of personalities within our pack is certainly amazing - they are definitely snowflakes (but then again, aren't we all...).

And Mousse - do you have any pictures or your beagles from back in the day? I would sure love to see them!

The play discussions reminded me of this picture from way back when Popcorn and Moose used to play - Booker was never much of a player and preferred to be the referee!

And for some reason I'd forgotten all about my dad's dog (mom and dad were divorced) - when I was a teen into my early 20s, Duchess was always there - my dad taught her to ride on his motorcycle with him. Slowly, of course. Duchess was... You guessed it ... A Beagle. I'll try to find a photo of her on the bike. Her training was always what I aspired to in my own dog relationships. :smile:

I would love to see a picture of Duchess on the bike!!! Or off the bike!!

Pic from 1971 (I was 11, so I was confused on my teens - not quite a teen, huh!) - pics from that era are not holding up too well. Anyway, he would whistle and up she'd go.

I also have a better photo of me with her puppies I'll post tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 104
Omg!! I can't tell you how much I love this thread. I started following you all because I have always loved BV bags and until recently could not afford them, in terms of time to learn about the bags or the money they cost, but now after a couple of years I have TWO beautiful BV bags, because of this thread, and now I find out you people love dogs too! Well Here is a pic of my 3 rescue dogs from left to right, Spotty the One Eyed Wonder (16 y/o), The Nibblette (2y/o), & Chili Pepper (14y/o). Love all the dog pics and please keep them coming.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 109
Omg!! I can't tell you how much I love this thread. I started following you all because I have always loved BV bags and until recently could not afford them, in terms of time to learn about the bags or the money they cost, but now after a couple of years I have TWO beautiful BV bags, because of this thread, and now I find out you people love dogs too! Well Here is a pic of my 3 rescue dogs from left to right, Spotty the One Eyed Wonder (16 y/o), The Nibblette (2y/o), & Chili Pepper (14y/o). Love all the dog pics and please keep them coming.
yes...this is a very dog loving group. And yours are a very sweet addition to our BV dog thread. Welcome!

I'll search through Beagle photos this week and will get DHs help to digitize them. Our very first beagle was a Bassett mix. My Dad brought her home one day from a co-worker who had a huge litter of pups. That began my family's love affair with hounds. All the rest were pure bred. We grew up near a woods along the Charles River in Needham, MA. I remember a few of the beagles were quite talented and figured out how to open the kitchen door to get out and chase critters including fox. They all had a special taste for veggies. My Mom built a special beagle proof enclosure around her veggie garden because they would pick tomatoes and peas. One of the beagles, that we called "Crazy" Maizey would pick pea pods and shell them eating the peas inside the pod. That's real beagle ingenuity.

Pic from 1971 (I was 11, so I was confused on my teens - not quite a teen, huh!) - pics from that era are not holding up too well. Anyway, he would whistle and up she'd go.

I also have a better photo of me with her puppies I'll post tomorrow.

And here is Duchess's litter of puppies from that year - 1971. Four of them. Can you tell I was the happiest kid in the world? I had learned about puppy bellies, and even better, puppy breath! Puppy heaven, that's where I was!

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 95