BV mystery???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Looking at different stores for the Shoulder Pouch I think I've found a bit of a mystery. (Or, I could just be an idiot...) Both Saks and Neiman Marcus list a Small Butter Napa Hobo Bag. It's priced $2800 - same as the small Shoulder Pouch. But... It says Open Top, not Framed Top or Hinged Frame Top like The Pouch/Pouch 20. Neither of those stores list The Shoulder Pouch. And the dimensions are off. 6.7 x 11 x 5.5 for the small hobo. The Small Shoulder Pouch dimensions are 12.5 x 15.7 x 8.6. The pics look like the Shoulder Pouch... So are these two different bags? And if the Small Hobo at Saks and Neiman Marcus are real, why wouldn't that bag be on the official BV website? Or are they just bags those stores have left over from a previous season, and that's why they aren't on the BV website anymore? Are they special bags designed only for those stores?

2. The bags are the same. Department stores are notorious for getting that sizing, details and color names wrong.

I will note that department stores may carry colors the boutiques or online store may not carry. The Saks description seems right. The NM description seems like a bad copy and paste.

papertiger, jbags07 and JenJBS like this.
  3. Thank you for the information @grietje ! Very helpful!