BV in Print: Campaigns/Editorials/Articles/Interviews - Post and Discuss!

^I believe we all don't really take the reporter's comments personally.

Except that, I don't understand the whole concept of brand-sarcasm? Isn't it like an outdated old news to comment on? Like hating Bottega Veneta, hating Hermes, etc. Even designers themselves of the major brands don't publicly say such things.

I've not heard Karl Lagerfeld saying Thomas Maier is terrible or vice versa. We have so many brands out there to cater to everyone's taste. All this is unnecessary. Plus, this rarely happens in Asia where I live. Reporters don't comment on the negative aspects of a luxury brand, maybe more in service-wise, not on its designs. Jmho.:flowers: Pls don't shoot me.:peace:

said a sober clerk in pullover and tailored slacks presiding over a near-empty floor on a recent rainy evening.

I certainly understand this line

I find the writers take and tone as as a "have not" wanting to be or trying to understand the "haves"

Zeit Magazine #4 credit: tfs

Attachments

• page_1.jpg
    page_1.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 257
  • page_12.jpg
    page_12.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 250
  • page_13.jpg
    page_13.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 257
  • page_14.jpg
    page_14.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 256
  • page_15.jpg
    page_15.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 254
  • page_16.jpg
    page_16.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 256
i think you will find now that most of the Critical Shopper columns are similarly "snarky" (a better word escapes me) when it comes to high-end retail shopping. there are a few exceptions. i find the column, when it was written by Cintra Wilson, was funnier and more light-hearted.

In the article there was definitely disdain for the 1%'ers and all our accoutrements. She didn't quite hit the right note of humor though. Handbags are a way for status-conscious 99%'ers to experience a little luxury. Why knock it? In fact it creates more demand and more fun product to fulfill the demand so we all benefit.

i think you will find now that most of the Critical Shopper columns are similarly "snarky" (a better word escapes me) when it comes to high-end retail shopping. there are a few exceptions. i find the column, when it was written by Cintra Wilson, was funnier and more light-hearted.

I totally agree!