BV discontinuing stretch "knot" in grosgrain

I had just added BV to my aspirational brand list - since it is understated and well made. And boom change in design.

While there are some things in the new collection I kind of like. I think the Pouch is cool but unnecessary for me. I also like the jumbo weave in the normal big tote size, and the shoes. I also liked some of the leather clothing ideas.

But much of that new collection feels Instagram ready and not real life ready. And I hadn’t gotten into the brand enough to figure out exactly what options would be a good addition, and now it is all changed.

Sad for sure. I wish brands could better balance chasing Gen X with keeping their classic appeal.

This is all so sad and I feel badly for you longtime, loyal BV clients - it is very frustrating to have the supposedly holy grail of retail - brand loyalty - essentially spat back in your face when the new guy comes in and changes everything to appeal to a completely different customer.

I am not buying the narrative around those sales figures either. It is entirely likely that the inevitable pivot will occur, but only after huge damage has been done to the brand and the formerly loyal customers have defected.

ITA

Nail > Head

Reactions: Passerine123
I had just added BV to my aspirational brand list - since it is understated and well made. And boom change in design.

While there are some things in the new collection I kind of like. I think the Pouch is cool but unnecessary for me. I also like the jumbo weave in the normal big tote size, and the shoes. I also liked some of the leather clothing ideas.

But much of that new collection feels Instagram ready and not real life ready. And I hadn’t gotten into the brand enough to figure out exactly what options would be a good addition, and now it is all changed.

Sad for sure. I wish brands could better balance chasing Gen X with keeping their classic appeal.

I'm in a similar boat, but, uh, I'm Gen X and I promise you I'm way too old to be the demo they're chasing. (Though we finally have money, hurrah!)

I've been a long time fan of the Nodini. It's light, functional and elegant. I see many are still available, but I'm worried they may discontinue it and if I should buy another in a new color just to be safe. I need a lightweight bag, crossbody,smallish, but able to accomodate the basics without hassle. (medical reasons for these requirements). I noticed that there was only one Nodini on the Saks shelves the other day and that made me think.

Reactions: jbags07
I've been a long time fan of the Nodini. It's light, functional and elegant. I see many are still available, but I'm worried they may discontinue it and if I should buy another in a new color just to be safe. I need a lightweight bag, crossbody,smallish, but able to accomodate the basics without hassle. (medical reasons for these requirements). I noticed that there was only one Nodini on the Saks shelves the other day and that made me think.

If it works for you & all the elements you mention being light, functional & elegant,
why not?

Reactions: beekmanhill
Hi everyone,
Did some of you notice that the regular knot and stretch knot clutch are no longer available on the bottega veneta website?? I tried different searches. Also searched a few weeks ago. I guess the knot clutch is officially discontinued then. I think it is the most beautiful elegant clutch I have ever seen and glad I bought a few over the past decade. Still breaks my heart that it is phased out now :sad: wish I stocked up on more. But I didn't really believe Bottega Veneta would actually go through and discontinue this iconic elegant bag....

Hi everyone,
Did some of you notice that the regular knot and stretch knot clutch are no longer available on the bottega veneta website?? I tried different searches. Also searched a few weeks ago. I guess the knot clutch is officially discontinued then. I think it is the most beautiful elegant clutch I have ever seen and glad I bought a few over the past decade. Still breaks my heart that it is phased out now :sad: wish I stocked up on more. But I didn't really believe Bottega Veneta would actually go through and discontinue this iconic elegant bag....

They had such success with the clutch I fear they are moving "forward" with new designs. I fear for my Nodini. They've already made a new version which it did not require.

Sad to see the knot go, particularly the stretch knot. Stores may still have them, even if they're not on display. The boutique at Bon Marché in Paris, for example, had a deep drawer full of knot clutches (regular and stretch) in a variety of colors and patterns, but only one on display.