BV cross body bag or Celine trio?

marthagwest

Sep 3, 2010
Hi ladies! I want to get a cross body bag and deciding between the bottega veneta small cross body bag or the celine trio. I would like to hear your opinions. If anybody has both, which do you use more often? Thanks!! :smile:

Hi ladies! I want to get a cross body bag and deciding between the bottega veneta small cross body bag or the celine trio. I would like to hear your opinions. If anybody has both, which do you use more often? Thanks!! :smile:
I have the small cross body. (The pillow bag). I have only had it about a month. I am finding it really practical for running around town so I can travel really light. I have never owned a Celine, so I have no knowledge there.

I only have the BV Pillow. But I'll share some thoughts.

Styling wise they both have a casual relaxed vibe. But I am wondering, could the BV be used in slightly dressier instances? I think the three distinct compartments might limit the bag to a more casual look.

I am not a fan of compartments but a lot of people like that for organization. But with one open space, the BV Pillow can hold more--like a pair of sunglasses. Wouldn't the Celine bulge a lot?

If you do sell your bags, BV resale is pretty bad. Would Celine resale be better?

In the photos, the strap on the Celine seems a hair short. The strap on the BV might be too long but IMO it'd be better to have too long with the option of adding holes and shortening.

You might want to post in the Celine forum and get their thoughts too!

Wow! Thank you both for responding so quickly! :biggrin:

I think I should check which one would hold my essentials better. I'm also concerned about the bulging on the trio.

I chanced upon a pillow bag on resale but I was too slow...

i have the celine trio and the pillow bag.
the trio is beautiful. the leather amazing and the inside is like a flannel that i love. i am not a fan of suede. the trio strap can be made a little longer by using that last "peg" alone. it is an interesting bag. i like how it unsnaps so the compartments can be used in another bag or as a clutch. it is great looking- i love what phoebe philo is doing at celine.
the problems are that i worry about snapping and unsnapping- that the snaps may loosen. they seem really tight but i worry. also the compartments don't really bulge but the bag requires a little reorganization from how i normally carry my things. it is a gorgeous bag but not the best bag for me.

the bv pillow bag doesn't have the compartment "problem" and it does hold a fair amount for it's size. the strap could be thicker but it is fine. i don't use the pillow much either- nothing in particular just doesn't call out to me. i would never describe it as amazing. i don't find it exciting so i tend to pick something else.

i don't know what the resale is like for the celine but if you buy the bottega assume you will have it for life or take a real hit.
let me know if you have any specific concerns and i will be happy to address them.

I am following these replies too as I am also considering the two bags. The replies are very helpful. I would be inclined to the BV but it's higher price point is a factor. Let me know what you decide

you might want to consider the gucci disco bag. i have that one as well and really like it. the leather is nice and the strap isn't too thin. it is one compartment and it is lined in a really nice fabric. i have it in black so the gucci logo is almost invisible but it comes in lots of colors. the thing i love is the tassel. l love a tassel or a fringe. good price point and very nice bag.

Oh, I do love the BV pillow bag. In fact I'm seriously considering the bright pink color. So sexy! The photos are from Net-A-Porter.:P:P:P

Blue is gorgeous too if you want a more versatile color.

Attachments

• 445981_in_xl.jpg
    445981_in_xl.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,338
  • 445981_ou_xl.jpg
    445981_ou_xl.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,527
  • BGV1ZZL_mx.jpg
    BGV1ZZL_mx.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,257
don't have the Celine, but I've been using my pillow almost non-stop since I got it. It holds a lot for it's size and is really comfortable. I like the adjustable strap too. I'd love to get it in more colours!

I have two small cross body bags. I like the style of it and how Binkysmom said, it holds a lot for it's size.
But the strap is very hurtful - it's too thin. So I'll sell one of the two, what I regret, because I like the size and the style really very much..

I'm looking for a cross body & I'm strongly considering the BV pillow. I love the Signal Blue, but I was worried about the thin strap. It's impressively roomy without being bulky.
I'm also looking at the Gucci Disco or Hermes Evelyne (these are both easy to find preloved, but the pillow is not). I prefer preowned since this will be my "errands with the kids" bag.

I'm looking for a cross body & I'm strongly considering the BV pillow. I love the Signal Blue, but I was worried about the thin strap. It's impressively roomy without being bulky.
I'm also looking at the Gucci Disco or Hermes Evelyne (these are both easy to find preloved, but the pillow is not). I prefer preowned since this will be my "errands with the kids" bag.

I too was worried about the thin strap and it's not uncomfortable. Weighed down it might dig a bit though.

As for preloved, if you can be patient, I bet you'll see more pop up in the fall. It's quite popular now but people might tired of it and sell theirs.

You cannot go wrong with any of the three. I think what matters most would be which one sings to you the strongest.

I have the Hermès Evelyne too. The strap is very comfortible, but the bag is heavy.

The GUCCI Disco is very small.

I have weared my crossbody bag (BV) today and I'm very disappointed about the shoulder pain I had. These strap is really absolutely not comfortible, it's too thin..