BV black sloane vs. BV Black Montaigne

I have NM's Sloane in Night (luuuuurve it). The color code is 1108. Bryan from Bottega Veneta described Night as blue grey in comparing to Ferro in another thread. It's not so much blue to me as a deep dark charcoal or soft black. It is matte, matte, matte.

Hmmm.... now I see the importance of the color code. I did not pay too much attetion to it before. My ferro sloane is 1106 [from Saks]. It glistens under the sunlight.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... now I see the importance of the color code. I did not pay too much attetion to it before. My ferro sloane is 1106 [from Saks]. It glistens under the sunlight.

Ah, 1108 for Night and 1106 for Ferro makes sense. They are both very dark grays but with very different undertones. Plus Ferro glistens, while Night is matte.

I have NM's Sloane in Night (luuuuurve it). The color code is 1108. Bryan from Bottega Veneta described Night as blue grey in comparing to Ferro in another thread. It's not so much blue to me as a deep dark charcoal or soft black. It is matte, matte, matte.
Did you purchase your sloane from NM online or in the store? Sometimes they have different stuff online vs. the store.

There is only one Night and it is code 1108. I bought it from NM online and they correctly described it as Night. Bryan explained in two posts about Night on this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/night-color-anyone-has-pyramid-in-this-color-380237-2.html

Thanks for the clarification. I ask because my SA at a NM store showed me their look book and it described Night as black. Also, will you please post a picture of your sloane in the reference library? I'm sure it's beautiful!

Last edited:
There is only one Night and it is code 1108. I bought it from NM online and they correctly described it as Night. Bryan explained in two posts about Night on this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/night-color-anyone-has-pyramid-in-this-color-380237-2.html

adoptastray - is 1108 the color of pyramid shown in the above thread [blueish grey] ? As kiss_p suggested, please post this color in the library.
I suggest we also include the color code when we post it; it would be very helpful.
I really like the 'dark navy' sloane shown on BV website which code is 4030. At first I mistook NM's as was this dark navy till I brought it home [bought at store] and checked the code was 1000 !

I too realized that I need to post the bag in the reference thread as we were talking about Ferro and Night. As soon as it stops raining here, I can take pictures. Hopefully in the next couple days. The picture of the pyramid is supposed to be of the color Night 1108 but I can see those pictures were taken with either a flash or bright light. I'll take some pictures in natural light to do it better justice.

Thanks for the clarification. I ask because my SA at a NM store showed me their look book and it described Night as black. Also, will you please post a picture of your sloane in the reference library? I'm sure it's beautiful!

For what it's worth, I bought my black Sloane at NM (from a store, not online). Like annelovepuggy's, mine is truly black, meaning "nero," not "night." My color code is 1000, as well.