Style BV and Cross-brand style Comparison

ksuromax

MADBAGGER
Authenticator
Feb 9, 2016
Good day to all :smile:
Recently I have purchased my lovely China Blue cervo bag, and i really like it and wear quite frequently, i am getting questions about the bag so i decided to make a comparison. I've picked my most used and loved styles, Cervo hobo and Balenciaga Day. Hope you will enjoy the read and find my pictures useful :smile:
thanks for reading

Here's the China Blue cervo bag, 2010 with purple suede lining and 2 other bags i will be comparing her with

Attachments

• IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 851
this is what i normally load my bag with:
0.5 l bottle of water
2 cell phones
1 phone case which i use as a lipstick/tissues/mints case for quick access
card case
cosmetics case
random stuff pouch (wet wipes, scissors, notepad, pen, band aids, etc)
long wallet
pocket book (i am a driver, so i don't carry a book along, but grabbed that small brochure from Pandora for ref)
a light cardi

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 856
Reactions: mae_yam and Kayka
this is how Cervo hobo looks loaded
it feels tighter that Day, and i could not put the sides together to close the magnets, tho i must admit it looked a bit better because of thick and sturdy leather

Attachments

• IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 837
Reactions: Kayka
Balenciaga Day had way more spare room even with the cargi inside, but it did look a bit odd with the bottle and book poking through because of thinner leather and cloth lining, and yes, i could easily close the zip

Attachments

• IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1640.JPG
    IMG_1640.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 836
and now comes the China Blue :smile:
she fit all and a little more, literally a bottomless pit and she doesn't look bulky at all! I'm so in love with this gorgeous baby! :heart:
i usually pull both sides together and fold them down, but sometimes i close her in Sloane way, i.e. flap the sides over each other, either way works perfectly well

Attachments

• IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 858
Thanks for the comparison. I might consider also referencing this thread in the Balenciaga forum. The sizing comparison amongst brands is helpful. Be sure to point out the China hobo is not made anymore.

Thanks for the comparison. I might consider also referencing this thread in the Balenciaga forum. The sizing comparison amongst brands is helpful. Be sure to point out the China hobo is not made anymore.
I thought of it, but didn't have time today to make another new thread, by the way, is there any option to 'share' the same thread in 2 subforums?
I mentioned it was from 2010, but yes, you're right, it's not made any longer, but some of them pop up in the secondary market, so....

I thought of it, but didn't have time today to make another new thread, by the way, is there any option to 'share' the same thread in 2 subforums?
I mentioned it was from 2010, but yes, you're right, it's not made any longer, but some of them pop up in the secondary market, so....

I think you can put the link to the thread in another thread. Or that's how I've done it in the past.

Reactions: ksuromax
and now comes the China Blue :smile:
she fit all and a little more, literally a bottomless pit and she doesn't look bulky at all! I'm so in love with this gorgeous baby! :heart:
i usually pull both sides together and fold them down, but sometimes i close her in Sloane way, i.e. flap the sides over each other, either way works perfectly well
That china blue is such a beautiful colour, thanks for this!