bv and boxes

I don't think it's silly at all! I think *my* getting a box was silly since I'm not using it. I keep my bags in their dust bags in the drawers of a large dresser. I live in a Victorian that's pathetically low on closet space.

DoreenjoyI have an old Victorian too, 115 years old and very little closet space! Now about the boxes....most of my bags bought through BV came in boxes but then they were shipped. Those that I bought in NM in person, did not. Somewhere there's a thread about bag storage. It's not recommended to store your bags in boxes, only in the dustbags, because they need to breathe. Boxes can trap humidity and cause deterioration of the leather and lining. It's also a good idea to replace all the inside stuffing with acid free tissue. Have I done that yet? No, but I plan to.

Ive bought a couple of small accessories, and I am given a choice - either dust bag or box.

For the only BV bag I own, there's no box, just the dust bag.

How does the box for bags look like? The enlarged version of small items' box? Or the other kind?

^^ I ordered 2 bags from Hamburg a while ago that came with boxes, but any bags bought in London did not come with boxes. ITA with LLaneedle, that it is not a good idea to store bags in their boxes unless you use them in heavy rotation because leather needs to breathe. I keep all my bags stuffed, in their dustbags, in handbag closet. I think all BV stores have their own policy probably depending on how much room they have to store boxes. Considering the size of some of the BV bags putting the bag in a box and then a large carrier bag can get a bit cumbersome for the poor client to carry home. For shipping though I can appreciate that they should send the bag in a box.

^The box is actually very nice quality cardboard in dark brown with Bottega Veneta on the right side like their old dustbags.

doreenjoy, some of my BV's came stuffed with a silver metallic tissue. That's definitely not acid free. Some are stuffed with packing paper similar to what movers use and that's not AF. And I have serious doubts about the white tissue in the others. AF tissue can get pricey. I use it in needlework conservation. I did find a couple of online sources (wedding gown conservation suppliers) that offered it in bulk at a decent price.

I got my Pyramid with a bigass drawer box, but I also bought it from my kickass SA Roberto who didn't mind going the extra mile. Form a relationship with a SA, I think you can get a box.

Oh and I don't use the box for my bag or store any of my bags in boxes.

It's large enough that I can store it for other stuff though, like xmas decorations or whatever.

doreenjoy, some of my BV's came stuffed with a silver metallic tissue. That's definitely not acid free. Some are stuffed with packing paper similar to what movers use and that's not AF. And I have serious doubts about the white tissue in the others. AF tissue can get pricey. I use it in needlework conservation. I did find a couple of online sources (wedding gown conservation suppliers) that offered it in bulk at a decent price.

Thanks. All of mine are stuffed with plain white tissue that looks a lot like the acid free stuff my Hermes scarves are boxed in. I do have a big package of acid free for storing wedding gowns that I'll use in my BV from now on.

In my case the only items that came with boxes are those that were shipped to me, store bought items only came with dustbags. I love the box though, it looks very sleek and perfect for storing items.

^^ahhhh!!! i want the box!
ok, now that i sound slightly crazy...
i just have my box matching bag quirk and yes, i've heard that you shouldn't store bags in boxes for too long, but all my bags get rotated through...except for my chanel gold reissue perhaps. i think that's sufficient breathing time. besides, my house must be a dust magnet!