BV alternatives?

zacorey said:
Hi
I really love the first one!!! What color would you get- they have it in black too- I wonder if it's heavy?

i think with woven leather, browns and other colors would show the detail better than black; plus it looks more organic :biggrin:

that said, if a black one mysteriously appeared on my doorstep who am i to refuse??!!

I prefer the first one - the look is more original. Have you checked out Andrea Brueckner bags? They're not actually woven, but the look like it. The pattern is embossed onto the leather. I have one and I love it. It's not heavy and it's a great color and shape. I have the medium saddle bag.

wickedassin said:
Bjara--what did you think of the quality of the leather? Which color did you see it in? If it was the brown, was it really dark?

I saw it in brown and black. Supposedly they are going to be getting more black in. The leather was scrumptious. The brown irl is exactly how it looks in the picture. A dark chocolate, very pretty.

I have an Ellen Tracy bag that I just got a few weeks ago...I used it yesterday....and I was going to post on it. The leather on it is so darn soft....IMO, it's par to Chloe's buttery feel.

The leather on these bags seems the same. I like the pattern of the weave as well....puts a little spin on it.

HTH!

i like the bags you posted!
but if you are not in a hurry, why don't you wait and save the money for BV? believe me, it is worth the wait. the quality is super and the designs are classy but not 'boring'.