Buying VCA preloved? What to look out for

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

I’m new to VCA. Have always loved the Vintage Alhambra necklace in yellow gold and Mother of pearl and told myself I’d buy it as my 40th birthday present :smile:

However I now have an opportunity to buy one preloved, at less than half the price (I could buy both the necklace and a matching pair of earrings!) . Only comes with the box. It’s from a local trusted reseller, but what should I look out for in terms of authenticity? Or quality - do they scratch easily? Is it ultimately still better to buy in store for that boutique experience ? Appreciate all the tips!!

Thank you!

2. There are such good fakes out there, that there is no way to be sure unless the original purchase receipts and certificate are provided (and even then, I guess it's possible those could be faked). In order to buy second hand, it either has to be from someone who I know definitely bought the items from VCA or a trusted second hand seller that authenticates. It is possible the pendant is authentic, but unless the seller can provide some proof, I'd not take the chance. In addition, MOP certainly can scratch as it is not a super hard material. I personally wouldn't buy MOP second hand unless it was pretty much unworn.

3. Unless the pieces are not in good shape the level of the discount is a red flag IMO. For the same price, I would rather treat myself to one piece from the boutique than two pieces I was uncertain about.

cattttrannn, Mali_, luvprada and 2 others like this.