Buying Used

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you think it's worth buying a used bag if your only saving $80 on small accessories to $150 on bags? I think to myself that I should just buy new. What do you think?

TIA

2. with that price difference, i'd probably buy new. that way you know that you're getting an authentic item. i think it totally depends on the piece.

3. for that price difference, I'd buy new.

4. I would just save and buy new. :yes:

5. For that saving I'd be buying new, but each to their own as a saving is a saving!

6. Definitely new...the price difference is too small to not get a brand new bag. I think you should consider getting a prre-loved one if it's like new condition, etc and if the bag is rare/LE, etc

7. I would only buy used if its a BIG saving off retail and the bag is in mint condition or if its no longer available. I would not buy used for less than $100 savings from retail especially if it is a used item.

8. I do buy used bags sometimes, if they are in good condition and a big saving - like a $300 Coach for $100. But LV holds its value so much (used price is not much less than new) and there are so many fakes around I wouldn't risk it to save $100 off the price of a $700 bag.

9. I only buy pre-loved if it is a HTF LE item. Otherwise, if it still exists in stores, new.

10. I wpuld only buy used for a great savings or something I hardly ever use. My mono passport holder was bought used.

11. I have bought a bag that was actually "brand new" and listed for nearly $100.00 off not including the tax so to me that was a good deal. I don't have a problem buying a bag/accessory if the item in question is in like new condition and I trust the source or seller. There are some very good reputable websites and sellers that I fully trust and if I can save $100 plus on new item, you bet I would.

12. Agreed, buy new especially if the saving is not significant. It will give you peace of mind to know that it is truly authentic and you will be the 1st owner