Buying used shoes?

snowbrdgrl

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
Ok this is probably a stupid question - is it wierd or unsanitary to buy shoes that have been worn? I found a super cute pair of miu mius on ebay but they are used :sad: My DH will kill me if I buy used shoes (he just hates the thought of it) - even though I will sanitize it and everything.

It's not like alot of shoes I buy at the store haven't been tried on?

LOL

So true!

I've bought lots of used shoes. I won't by them if they are really worn though.
Just gently rub the inside with a Clorox cloth to disinfect – you will be fine! ;)

I've bought used shoes before.... there are some discontinued styles that I love, and if they're in slightly worn condition, then I don't mind. Of course, make sure you wipe them inside and out.

i am funny about shoes. i don't like used shoes...or let anyone try my shoes.
i know when we buy shoes sometimes it is the last pair and some other people might have tried them..but it was may be less than an hour total..the shoes haven't been molded into anyone's feet yet.

i am funny about shoes. i don't like used shoes...or let anyone try my shoes.
i know when we buy shoes sometimes it is the last pair and some other people might have tried them..but it was may be less than an hour total..the shoes haven't been molded into anyone's feet yet.

I agree; I also never buy worn clothes or used bags. I'd rather save for something brand new and not buy anything for a year than buy used.

I can't buy used shoes or bags. Something about it just grosses me out. There are some really disgusting people out there. The only way I would ever buy a used bag or shoes is if it was from someone on TPF that I trusted, and even then it would have to be in near perfect condition and an item that I have to have and cannot be bought in stores anymore.

So true!

I've bought lots of used shoes. I won't by them if they are really worn though.
Just gently rub the inside with a Clorox cloth to disinfect – you will be fine! ;)

ITA! I mean I have not bought a used shoe/bag before but it is OK to me. There are few pairs of used Manolos and vintage Chanel bags I'm watching on bay now. Unless they are in a terrible condition, I'd go for them.

well i'm getting this pair that was worn by Naomi Campbell. as in, her feet were actually INSIDE the shoe, as she wore them to some event.

it's gross, but at the same time exciting! i'll obviously wipe them down, but yeah. idk, used isn't HORRIBLE as long as it isn't DAMAGED.

i don't have problem w/ used bags....i actually like buying used bags..b/c i grew out of them too fast.
haven't tried used clothes...i think if i really like them...i'd buy. i don't think i'll buy used pants tho.

I agree; I also never buy worn clothes or used bags. I'd rather save for something brand new and not buy anything for a year than buy used.

pretty much the same here.. years ago, I bought a used bag... it was OK.. a little more used than I would have liked, so I won't buy anything pre-owned online after that experience.. and I bought a used fur jacket which I got for a REALLY good price and bought in person at a consignment shop. But that's as far as I've gone.

Both my pairs of Chloe wedges came pre-owned. I don't mind as long as the shoes aren't ridiculously worn. It's a great way to get things you missed before. Both of mine were from F/W07 so unless I had a time machine (and paid $700+ :nuts:) I'd never be able to get my hands on them.

I've also bought pre-owned bags and clothes, the clothes were both fur coats. I think for a material as expensive as fur why not buy pre-owned, again as long as it's in good condition. I'm not fussed by the idea someone else owned it, I always wonder what kind of person they were, what they did etc.

I think condition is everything for deciding to get a used shoe or not. If it's worn enough so that there's a foot imprint in it, I'd pass. Once it's molded to another person's foot it just won't feel right, plus I'd feel there would be no way to get it clean enough.

I do have a few pairs of used shoes because I love vintage things; sometimes that's the only way to get a desired item.

I'm thinking of buying a pair of shoes that are "store return" so that could mean the person wore them for a while inside the house. They are a pair I have wanted and couldn't find.

I think I will go wild with the disinfectant wipes though. Do you really just wipe it once? Do you wipe on the inside top of the shoe too?