Buying tomorrow but need urgent help! Colour or Rosie HW's Chloe Faye.

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi there,

I'm a new poster to the forum! I've just become besotted with Rosie HW/s Chloe Faye bag. I've googled it to death but can't seem to tell what colour Faye she owns? I found one website describing it as a python/beige Faye, but from trawling all the shopping sites I have never seen a "beige" Faye in any combo.

I found a Python/Motty Grey on one website which looked on my screen to be exactly the same colour as hers, but I also know the Motty Grey suede on leather looks like a way different colour than the bag she owns. Later, I saw a python/tannish red that looks like hers - but the name of the colour confuses me because the tannish red in suede/leather combo looks a much deeper reddish brown than what she is carrying.

Does anyone know the exact colour that Rosie HW is carrying? Is "beige" the accurate/Chloe term of the colour she owns? I googled a couple of python/beiges and they would look darker in some photos than in others.

I'm particular bc it's a big investment that I want to make tomorrow ASAP bc I've been deliberating for so long, but also because I've often found tan/reddish tan coloured bags to NEVER match anything I own. So I want to be sure I'm getting the exact same tone she has!

Attaching a photo of her Chloe Faye for reference. Thanks PBers!! :smile: xxs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f1/45/ce/f145ce3019e65eea394cf52821585287.jpg

2. #2 May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016

Welcome to tpf!!!

Rosie's bag is from last year's Spring/Summer collection and is beige with Python flap but I have seen the motty grey & Python combo in person and it's a gorgeous bag! The reddish color is quite darker then Rosie's......I see Neiman Marcus has Rosie's exact bag on back order and says it will be available 9/7 if you wanna wait for Rosie's exact bag...

3. Aw you are such a sweetheart, thank you!

I really was hoping to hear that re the motty grey/python in real life. There used to be several Chloe stores where I live, but unfortunately in the past couple of years these have progressively shut just as I returned from London - so unfortunately no way of browsing them IRL. Have to pay a hefty fee to return them so I wanted an opinion before I took the dive.

I had fallen in love with the bag because of the colour I saw Rosie carrying. Neiman Marcus don't ship to my city, also I am a little impatient (haha, but will wait if motty grey/python sucks). In your opinion do you think the motty grey/python can hold its own next to Rosie's bag? Also do you think it'd be an easy shade to match? I ask because I've now realised they don't photograph consistently across websites/even within the same website!

Thanks so much in advance!

4. And P.S. I SAW YOUR YOUTUBE REVIEW! And liked it. And followed.

I really tried to do my own research before resorting to this forum as a last ditch attempt before I stressed myself out over shedding that much cash!

5. So glad you liked my review :smile: Don't ever apologize for asking for help here on tpf, that's what we're here for! Here is a picture I took myself of the Motty Grey in the medium size as I was very tempted by it. The only difference is the color tone where the beige is a little lighter and the grey a little darker but I'm sure if you show these two bags to a majority of people that no one could tell the difference....

IMG_20160521_123857.jpg
  6. Thanks! That's so very helpful. Going by your description and the photo then, am I correct to say that the Motty grey is a bit of a beigey grey?

In any case I think I'm quite sure I'll take the plunge. Except in trawling I found another one which was in "chestnut cream"?? These colours by retailers confuse me bc I have no clue if these are the official names given by Chloe or if in fact the chestnut cream is a "beige" as it looks awfully like it to me!

7. The Motty Grey is a beigey Grey for sure and I didn't care for the pictures of the Chestnut Cream either but I've never seen it in person...Hope you love which ever you decide on :smile: