Buying through department stores

zjones

Apr 30, 2016
This might be an obvious question, but for purposes of building a shopping history, buying through department stores (Macy's, Belk, etc.) doesn't "count", right? I assume those outlets don't necessarily have to report back to Coach when they sell an item (or maybe they do--I don't know)?

This might be an obvious question, but for purposes of building a shopping history, buying through department stores (Macy's, Belk, etc.) doesn't "count", right? I assume those outlets don't necessarily have to report back to Coach when they sell an item (or maybe they do--I don't know)?

I have been wondering that too - I had been thinking no but then I bought a wallet on clearance at Macy's and the receipt was on Coach receipt stock and the SA put it in a Coach receipt envelope. She didn't seem to do the customer lookup that they do at a Coach boutique though, but maybe that info comes from the credit card used. So now I am not sure. It was Macy's Herald Square though where the Coach section is really a boutique within the store so it might be different at stores with smaller sections.

no, buying through department stores is not like buying through the boutique or outlet. They don't put you or your purchase into the "coach system" those returns can also only be made back to that department store. sometimes departments stores also have exclusives as well. I might be wrong, but I think the coach inside macys herald square is more or less a boutique?

no, buying through department stores is not like buying through the boutique or outlet. They don't put you or your purchase into the "coach system" those returns can also only be made back to that department store. sometimes departments stores also have exclusives as well. I might be wrong, but I think the coach inside macys herald square is more or less a boutique?
I'm thinking it is too. Anyway, Coach does price match, at least in the stores, so if it is something that is cheaper at the store and Coach still carries it in the boutique/online then arm yourself with the proof of the other price and buy it direct from them, that is what I did for one bag not long ago.

Can't wait for coach to open more UK stores we have Leeds and Edinburgh under construction better for me than London but still 3 hrs away

I feel for you Elvis......that must be so hard to not have access to a brand you love. For us in the U.S. I guess we take it for granted. I guess there is always ebay that showcases product from everywhere in the world that you can partake in? Let me know if I can help you find just that perfect bag for you!

I feel for you Elvis......that must be so hard to not have access to a brand you love. For us in the U.S. I guess we take it for granted. I guess there is always ebay that showcases product from everywhere in the world that you can partake in? Let me know if I can help you find just that perfect bag for you!

Alansgail, off topic, but I LOVE your Audrey My Fair Lady avatar!!

Alansgail, off topic, but I LOVE your Audrey My Fair Lady avatar!!

Awww, thanks K.E.W.! It's my favorite film of all time. When I first met my dh he asked me what my favorite movie was and I said "My Fair Lady", what is your favorite film? He said "Caddyshack" and we ended up together anyway........what can I say?

Reactions: K.E.W.
Aw bless thank you Hun eBay.com is depressing as the prices are great until you add in postage and fees as they really overcharge on those!!!!

Reactions: WileyKit
Awww, thanks K.E.W.! It's my favorite film of all time. When I first met my dh he asked me what my favorite movie was and I said "My Fair Lady", what is your favorite film? He said "Caddyshack" and we ended up together anyway........what can I say?

What a cute story! Are your tastes in movies still polar opposites?

``
What a cute story! Are your tastes in movies still polar opposites?

No, we tend to like many of the same movie genres now but there are still a few differences. In recent years the movies we've tended to go see are the ones that our dd prefers, but as she gets older it's more fun going again to the movies!
I must say though it's hard to find too many great ones to go see anymore....sadly.

I prefer to buy from department stores as they have a more liberal return policy. However, they are removing Coach from many stores now so it has become difficult.

I prefer to buy from department stores as they have a more liberal return policy. However, they are removing Coach from many stores now so it has become difficult.

Luckily my local Macy's still carries Coach.....but have no idea how long Macy's will be around. They seem to have been closing stores lately like some other major retailers.

Luckily my local Macy's still carries Coach.....but have no idea how long Macy's will be around. They seem to have been closing stores lately like some other major retailers.

So true.
They bought up all the competition during the recession and so had two or more stores in the same small area. Didn't help them much.
They closed two in my metro area but that leaves 6.
I think Coach is pulling from many department stores to keep their goods from "clearance" sales.
Up until recently is was really easy to score a Coach for $150 or less. Not so much now.

Reactions: alansgail
That worries me. I've seen some Macy's close in other areas. Where I live, they are the only good department store we have. The only other anchor store in our mall is Penney's. Our Macy's still carries Coach but they got rid of the dedicated area.