Buying straight from manufacturer. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sya

Dec 31, 2008
Hi! This is my first posting here. I searched for a while for a similar thread but couldn't find one, so here goes...

I'm VERY new to handbags but very quickly picked up a designer taste for them. I'm more of an Anya fan but am slowly discovering others. However, as prices can be a bit daunting, I look for great deals online, pre-loved items, etc.

I've fallen for the LV vernis brentwood amarante and thought it would be the perfect first LV bag, and started searching for a deal. A friend referred me to this group on Facebook and has since wrote them.

The first email was to enquire about the price of the bag. His response as follows: "the official price list is around 1.050,00 eur but i can sell it at 450,00 eur plus the delivery cost. the reason of this very low cost is because i buy this bag directly from the manufactures in france, but without regular invoice"

My second email to him asked how we can authenticate the bag (since the page claims that they sell authentic products), customs and payment method. His response as follows: "each bag includes a serial number, dust bag, authenticity card, care booklet, and tag. about the customs you dont have to pay nothing cos i send to you a normal package. you can pay thru moneygram, paypal or bank account"

So I'm wondering... is buying from manufacturer even possible? Can I trust such claims? I'd really appreciate your views on this before I blow big bucks away...

Thanks all.
Sya

I'd be careful. There are some mirror imaged replicas that many people are selling off as authentic. Ask for pictures of the ACTUAL bag and have it authenticated on the authenticate this bag thread.
I've never heard of buying directly from the manufacture. That adds to the fishy smell :P

Too be honest, this sounds a bit fishy to me. Based on my knowledge, LV can only be purchased from a boutique or through a retail location that has a LV boutique inside. But I could be wrong...

I am sure others will provide some insight/advice as to your question.

Alopez3289: too funny that we both used "fishy"... I didn't even read your post until after I had written mine...

Last edited:
I would highly suggest that you save your EUR$450 and save a bit more and get it from the LV Boutique otherwise to purchase a pre-owned from the recommended Ebay sellers here.

If a deal is too good to be true, it is almost always is :smile:

You can try Let-trade.

I don't think it's possible to 'buy directly from the manufacturer' ..Be carefull and don't believe them.I highly recommend that you save your 450,00 eur. and when you ask him how you can authenticate the bag,he tells you some sort of useless information like the bag's coming with a date code,dust bag,etc.. Sure it will,that doesn't mean it's 100% authentic :nogood:

I don't think we can buy direct from LV manufacturer, except fakes. Btw LV don't give out authenticity card as far as I know. Be careful.

i doubt this is authentic. :wondering ive seen so much things like that where they claim to be "straight from the manufacturer". rather than trying to save a little money and end up getting duped, you might as well pay a little more and buy straight from LV boutique. no use in spending half the amount for something thats a replica . hope that helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.