Buying/selling Chanel missing card or hologram - thoughts?

I will only buy from Saks, NM, Chanel boutique and the like. I expect the correct tags, box, cards to come with any item that I am purchasing. Although I don't expect to ever sell my stuff, I am just very particular about it and want all of the authenticity docs.

Thanks ladies. It doesn't really bother me to not have the authenticity card. I probably have a bag or two in my closet right now without the authenticity card! I just wanted some opinions.

It just depends, if you either knew it would bother you, and be in the back of your mind all the time, or if you were planning to sell it eventually -as it might affect resale, since some people are picky about these things.

But personally, as long as other things check out, I wouldn't mind. There are more ways than the authenticity card in order to determine a bag's authenticity. So just really consider how much it would bother you, personally. Good luck!

I like having the cards but I have bought an authentic bag without an authenticity card. The bag was in mint condition and selling at a really good price. It would bother me more not to have the dustbag - I'm just strange that way:smile:

I like having the cards but I have bought an authentic bag without an authenticity card. The bag was in mint condition and selling at a really good price. It would bother me more not to have the dustbag - I'm just strange that way:smile:

same here...as long as I know it's authentic, I don't really need the card.

I just found the most beautiful chocolate brown calf leather tote - from a wonderful seller - - it did not have the card - - I wanted this bag - - had looked for it - the color, the syle - resale on my part did not enter the pic - - the bag is authentic - & mine! - that's all I care about.

I bought my Purple Jumbo from a Chanel store and it didn't have the authenticity card (the SA said it was probably thrown out accidentally). It bothered me but I wasn't going to return it since it was the last one.

I bought one bag that has no authenticity card. Though I don't plan on ever selling it, and I knew it was authentic, so I didn't care much..
It's really up to you. If it bothers you, then don't.