Buying Preloved in Canada is hard...

I hear ya!! I also find that the prices for LV items are always priced less by Canadian sellers than US sellers. With the exchange rate, duty, taxes, we get nailed HARD!! I've purchased a couple from Japan but also got nailed with fees. I belong to a few great "secret" LV groups on FB, and one is a Canadian site. There aren't many members, but when bags come up, the prices are awesome. I just purchased this NEW Neverfull from a gal out in B.C, it was $ 900 CDN, shipping in. Gals from the U.S are listing the same bag (in very used condition for over $ 1000 U.S). You just have to keep searching until you find that needle in a haystack! The ladies on the group I buy from are part of the "trusted sellers" group and I KNOW these bags are authentic (there are a couple of authenticators in other LV groups that will do it for $ 10).

Attachments

• amfar with neverfull.jpg
    amfar with neverfull.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 1,508
Reactions: Lvlover789
I had a so so experience with Jodidays. I made a purchase and it was described as 9.5/10 in like new condition. The item looked really new from pics but upon close inspection, I found marks here and there when I got it. I was able to get rid of the marks. I did ask if there were any flaws not mentioned but she didn't mention the marks. I thought it would be ok since it said like new. I guess I didn't want to make a big deal since it was a good price and I got the marks off. Also, I asked to consign a bag and was given a quote. Then one week later, I see the same bag I wanted to sell for at a higher price than what I was quoted. My bag was actually in pristine condition compared to the one listed.

I have sold a few items to Love That Bag but not purchased and had a positive experience. They were really quick with emails and very friendly.

I had a so so experience with Jodidays. I made a purchase and it was described as 9.5/10 in like new condition. The item looked really new from pics but upon close inspection, I found marks here and there when I got it. I was able to get rid of the marks. I did ask if there were any flaws not mentioned but she didn't mention the marks. I thought it would be ok since it said like new. I guess I didn't want to make a big deal since it was a good price and I got the marks off. Also, I asked to consign a bag and was given a quote. Then one week later, I see the same bag I wanted to sell for at a higher price than what I was quoted. My bag was actually in pristine condition compared to the one listed.

I have sold a few items to Love That Bag but not purchased and had a positive experience. They were really quick with emails and very friendly.

Like you, I requested to consign with Jodidayscloset, we schedule a meet up date and nothing happened. I emailed 3 months later for update and was told because they get too many emails. Well I re-sent the email and nothing. I gave up on them as its not the way business works in my opinion.
I ended up consigning with Love That Bag, great experience and they were very thorough with their communication. Took a while for my item to sell (I think it's also the fact that hey charge tax upon check out).

If anyone is looking to sell a bag I really recommend trying to do it yourself first before consigning - there are so many facebook groups (Toronto fashion marketplace, fashion curator, shop my closet, etc). I've done it multiple times.

Like you, I requested to consign with Jodidayscloset, we schedule a meet up date and nothing happened. I emailed 3 months later for update and was told because they get too many emails. Well I re-sent the email and nothing. I gave up on them as its not the way business works in my opinion.
I ended up consigning with Love That Bag, great experience and they were very thorough with their communication. Took a while for my item to sell (I think it's also the fact that hey charge tax upon check out).
Wow, that's not good customer service! Too many emails is not an excuse too. We went back and forth with emails but I got a reply back a few days later too. Thanks for your input too! This is helpful to know.

If anyone is looking to sell a bag I really recommend trying to do it yourself first before consigning - there are so many facebook groups (Toronto fashion marketplace, fashion curator, shop my closet, etc). I've done it multiple times.
I've heard of these facebook groups but how do they work? Is there a fee? I've been wanting to sell some bags and requested quotes from Canadian and US consignment sites but didn't like what I was quoted. TIA!!!

I've heard of these facebook groups but how do they work? Is there a fee? I've been wanting to sell some bags and requested quotes from Canadian and US consignment sites but didn't like what I was quoted. TIA!!!

It's just an online forum - you post your bag and people message you. You discuss payment and location to meet. No fees at all. Obviously a little more work on your end to reply to those interested and to meet them but worth it to not pay fees and set your own fair price.

Thank you ladies for all of the info you have posted! I learned a lot from this thread. I was at LV in Yorkdale eyeing a twinset, but I may opt to look in the resale market before I buy new.
In case any of you are still looking for consignment stores in Toronto and Vancouver, here are a few that I follow on Instagram. I can't vouch for quality because I have never purchased a pre-loved bag, but these guys seem to have a decent selection.
@vsp_consignment
@hauteclassics
@clementinesluxury
@chosenvintage
@rb2_luxuryresale (very good selection!)
@shopfy