Buying preloved CHANEL Caviar medium bag PRICE recommendations please for a newbie?

Misstv2000

Jun 16, 2020
Hi there! I'm interested in buying a preloved Medium double flap from a gal. No dust bag or card but she bought it off of REBAG and she has the tags and bag from REBAG. How much do you think I should pay? It's is excellent condition or "like new" condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here is the link to the bag I'm interested in.

I bought a 13 series caviar single flap ghw jumbo with receipts for around US$2100. It was an absolute steal (owner needed cash). I’m not from the US, but I would think 3.5k to 4.2k would be a reasonable price to pay for that good condition medium flap.

In Euros that would be a little over 3500€... I don‘t know about taxes in your state/country but I researched a lot -also the classic flaps- and just bought my first Chanel in the boutique in the end. To me that is a good price regarding the condition. I saw a lot of flaps priced much higher.
But I personally wouldn't buy without fullset (receipt, box, authenticity card etc) from a private seller.

good luck an let us know how you decide!:flowers:

Maybe I don't know enough about bags from that era, but why is the inside black? I thought the inside of classic flaps are usually burgundy.

The price is okay for the condition but I wouldn't get it because I'd prefer to get one with the authenticity card.

Maybe I don't know enough about bags from that era, but why is the inside black? I thought the inside of classic flaps are usually burgundy.

The price is okay for the condition but I wouldn't get it because I'd prefer to get one with the authenticity card.

Because the old caviar classics have a black interior until late 2010 when the Jumbo's & Maxi's became double flaps, Chanel changed all of the Caviar interiors to Burgundy. Prior, it was only Lamb w/ burgundy.

Sorry I can be no help but have the same question. A reseller asked me €3,700 for this bag code 18 in Excellent condition (~$4.200).
Do you think it’s worth the price? Does anyone own this series can review this season’s caviar? TIA

Attachments

• CB1B6135-79C4-44B5-9ACD-0B490417E369.jpeg
    CB1B6135-79C4-44B5-9ACD-0B490417E369.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 31
I went in person to buy it but then didn't end up going through with because there was significant corner wear that didn't really show up in the pictures. Thank you all for you input, it's been very helpful to this newbie :smile:

Reactions: Christofle
hello! also in the same situation here.. I need your advice... My friend is selling her CF med caviar GHW series 13, but in almost new condition. bought in Australia with box, dust bag, care booklet, authenticity card and receipt. saw the photos and it really is in excellent condition. asking price is AUD6100.. should I take it? please I need your inputs on this... going to be my second Chanel bag next to WOC. thanks so much...

s13 1.jpeg

s13 2.jpeg

s13 4.jpeg