Buying Pre-owned with Heat stamped initials

Jul 8, 2007
Albuquerque
Do you think that it is worth buying pre-owned with someone's initials on the bag?
I want a damier trevi GM and since there discontinued I have to go pre-owned but the one I found has initials heat stamped. its excellent condition and 2012 date code. most of the ones I have came across are like 2007-2009. Do you think it would be easy to replace the tab for the handle?

Please let me know

NWGal

May 25, 2012
Oregon
You may want to call the store and get a quote. It could be expensive to replace. Not to mention the uneven patina you will have to deal with. Personally it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, it would just depend.

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Do you think that it is worth buying pre-owned with someone's initials on the bag?
I want a damier trevi GM and since there discontinued I have to go pre-owned but the one I found has initials heat stamped. its excellent condition and 2012 date code. most of the ones I have came across are like 2007-2009. Do you think it would be easy to replace the tab for the handle?

Please let me know

Depending how they have been heat-stamped then LV can remove or lessen the effect. Patina wouldn't be an issue on damier ebene so changing a tab out wouldn't be an issue but price may be restrictive - get a quote before making a purchase decision.
Hope that helps.