Buying Prada in Paris airport

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. If I purchase a handbag at the Prada boutique at the Paris airport, does it cost less than at their store in the city of Paris? I'm not sure I understand the duty free label at airport stores. I know I can get the VAT back when I leave Europe if I purchase it in a city, but is the tax deducted when I purchase it if I buy at the airport? It is such a hassle to stand in line to get the VAT refund when leaving the EU, and it would be great to not have to pay the tax upfront. Thanks!

2. I find the city has better prices than airport. You do have vat refund but require waiting in line etc. depends where you live and prices there.

3. If I buy at the airport is the tax deducted in the store, or do I have to get the paperwork and get it back when I leave EU?

4. Prada prices at the airport's duty free is net of VAT tax. I find it more convenient buying at duty free as you dont have the VAT hassle and wait.

5. I usually have a look at the websites price first...sometimes "duty free" isn't actually duty free

6. hmmm...i didn't know they could pull somehting like that.

7. I was just in Paris last week with my BFF. I bought LV and she bought Prada (in store). She saved about 30%. The prices are great compared to here in Chicago. The store gave her the paperwork and we just scanned it at the mailbox and mailed it. The refund took 7 days and went directly on her credit card.

8. I also did as well .