buying perfume online, can they be faked

lalachka

Oct 21, 2011
Hey, I want to buy Moschino Funny online, not necessarily on ebay, any online store would do. I looked it up and the prices are about half of what I'd pay in Macy's and I don't have to go there, nothing but pluses)))))

But why is it so cheap? Can the perfumes be faked?

Thank you

And another question about faking, in nyc there are stands with perfumes all over, they have things like CoolWater forgot by who, gucci rush, gucci envy. That's all that comes to mind, there's much much more but just to give in idea. Anyhow, they're 20-25 bucks. Are they fake?
I buy them all the time and I'm not an expert but they look and smell the same AFAICT. So what's going on?
Always wanted to know, asked the sellers if they're fake but who will tell me?))))) They all say it's real. If it's fake - I have 1000 questions. If it's real - a few.

EDIT to add a link.
back to Moscino

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Moschino-Funny-Womens-3.4-oz-EDT-Spray/3542874/product.html?cid=123620

http://www.fragranceshop.com/discount-perfume/moschino-funny-by-moschino-for-women-eau-de-toilette-spray-33-oz.html?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=GoogleBase

here, this is the cheapest i found. usual price is 60-70

^ Anything on the streets of NYC assume is fake - and some of the dodgier stores near Penn Station, Grand Central, and anywhere else tourists congregate. Every few years the Post does a story on what's really in the perfumes sold on the streets, and every time there's urine. Human urine :sick:

^ Anything on the streets of NYC assume is fake - and some of the dodgier stores near Penn Station, Grand Central, and anywhere else tourists congregate. Every few years the Post does a story on what's really in the perfumes sold on the streets, and every time there's urine. Human urine :sick:

yummy. i guess i should read news papers. i'm still amazed how it's faked, like the bottles, the smell, but at least it makes sense why it's so cheap.

ok, so no more streets. what about online stores? overstock, fragrance.com?

omg, i'm googling it now, i'm too freaking naive for my age, this is really sad.
they're all fake!!!! i'm shocked, they look and smell just like the real thing.

ok so then how do i know who sells the real thing? overstock and fragrance.com has the perfume REALLY cheap compare to macys, so what's the deal there? why is it so cheap? are those fake too?

sorry for a 1000 posts, i'm googling and have more questions than i started with

this was on Yahoo answers
Most of the perfumes at the stands are fake. Some aren't, check the spelling carefully sometimes there is a slight difference. Now if you want to buy the real thing, next time go to the perfume wholesalers they sell to the public. There are about 15 shops on Broadway between 33 street and 27 street. These are legitimate stores. They are all competing against one another so shop around. The more you buy, they more they will take off. I do all my Christmas shopping there. Don't buy on the street most are knock offs (slang for fake).

is this true? i know those stores, are those really legit?

too late)))))), been buying them for years except for when they don't sell them, like moschino funny. i don't know why i like it so much but i do.

i'm just stunned a little. i'm reading all about them now and i see 2 main problems, either theyre diluted and wear off in a few hours (which is probably what i've been buying) and the urine and antifreeze ones (and those they say you will know right away, because once you put them on your skin they burn, you get redness and so on).

i've been using them for years and never had any problems and would never even think about it if i didn't come across tPF and learned all about the fakes. i just don't understand how they can make all these different bottles!!!! i mean they sell a lot of brands and kinds, each has their own bottle design, just seems like so not worth the effort.

anyhow, i guess my only question at this point is about overstock and fragrance.com. how do i know if those are real?
and thank you everyone for enlightening me

Lots of perfume fakes. Even those legitimate dealers - the perfumes are often so old & spoiled. Even big stores here (Like Winners) that sell overstock legitimately have been caught selling either fake or spoiled cosmetics & perfume.

Just go to Macys or whatever you are finding it at full price. Even at 1/2 price - what are you saving? $50? Is it really worth it for such a small amount?

I would assume that overstock.com would sell legit stuff, since they are a big company that sells overstock (like their name implies). Their stock might be from last season, or they have have an inconsistent supply of some items.
I've never heard of fragrance.com, so I can't comment on whether or not they are legit...

if i just wanted 1 bottle - i would, but i'm on a budget, my salary supports 2 of us and i'm always broke. so i buy everything in bulk so that when i'm broke - we have everything. i have 15 DKNY deodorants))))))))))) the salesgirl in macys thought i was kuku when i asked for 20 of them. i'm also too lazy to go shopping all the time, so it's not just the money to be totally honest.

anyhow, so i want to buy 5-6 of them, my daughter and i both like it a lot, so i'd save 150-200.

I would assume that overstock.com would sell legit stuff, since they are a big company that sells overstock (like their name implies). Their stock might be from last season, or they have have an inconsistent supply of some items.
I've never heard of fragrance.com, so I can't comment on whether or not they are legit...

beautiful. they're both close in price so overstock would work. thank you so much!!

if i just wanted 1 bottle - i would, but i'm on a budget, my salary supports 2 of us and i'm always broke. so i buy everything in bulk so that when i'm broke - we have everything. i have 15 DKNY deodorants))))))))))) the salesgirl in macys thought i was kuku when i asked for 20 of them. i'm also too lazy to go shopping all the time, so it's not just the money to be totally honest.

anyhow, so i want to buy 5-6 of them, my daughter and i both like it a lot, so i'd save 150-200.

I bought from fragrance.net. No problem, they are located on Long Island. So it comes quick. Sometimes package comes from NJ. Google for a coupon. They have extra savings.:smile: