Buying outside of ebay from a 0 feedback seller?

Riahnna

O.G.
Oct 27, 2007
It has been authenticated and the auction ended without a bid. So I emailed the seller if she could sell it for less. She agrees and told me she'll send an invoice through paypal. It's not a small amount of money and I dunno what kind of protections i get from that? She did put a note on the paypal invoice that the money request is for the bag that I'm purchasing. Should I go ahead and send her the money?

No, because she has no record of how she does business. You have no clue at all about her honesty.
AND: No, because you have no RECOURSE in case the bag is not as described, if you're transacting off eBay.

Currently, how can you tell if she has this bag, as opposed to posting stolen pictures? How can you tell she will send you something, as opposed to taking your money and running?

Never do something like this. In case you are very curious about if she has the bag, ask her to provide a photo showing her ebay ID propped on a piece of cardboard or paper in front of the bag, so you can see for sure it's in her possession. If she won't, that would surely tell you something, wouldn't it?

If you do outside of eBay from a zero feedback seller, she could send you a counterfeit or a piece of junk. Once you sign for receiving, you are out of luck without any protection. There are reasons why she received no bids.

This is a typical way scammer used to scam others. We have heard so many sad stories with the exact situation. so, DON'T DO IT!!!

Tell her to do a BIN on ebay. 0 Feedback and you don't know this seller at all ??-- looks like an accident waiting to happen. You have NO WAY of recouping your money if this goes sour. Worse case scenerio: if she has no money in her PP account and you have to try to get it back through ebay/PP, you still may be screwed. But you cannot get $$ back at all through PP alone!!! Are you positive you want to go through with this. Did you have the bag authenticated in the proper section on TPF and can you post the link here so others can help you out???? PROCEED WITH CAUTION>>>

Last edited:
thanks for all your advises, after reading all your opinions I sent a message to the seller stating my concerns and ask her to put it on a BIN auction. I've posted a link on the "authenticate this" thread and it's been authenticated, also I asked her to send me more pictures couple days before the auction ends and she did reply with more pictures. I'll wait to see what her response is.

thanks for all your advises, after reading all your opinions I sent a message to the seller stating my concerns and ask her to put it on a BIN auction. I've posted a link on the "authenticate this" thread and it's been authenticated, also I asked her to send me more pictures couple days before the auction ends and she did reply with more pictures. I'll wait to see what her response is.

I think what an earlier poster was referring to was that if you transact outside of ebay the seller can send you a fake one, not the one she photographed, and you get no protection.

does that mean a SNAD could only be filed if a transaction is made thru ebay?
Yes. But even if you had to file and won a SNAD, there is no guarantee that ebay/PP can get any money out of her account to reimburse you..you need to call them and see how AND IF you are covered. This is even if she does an ebay BIN. It may be a hijacked account.

Yes. But even if you had to file and won a SNAD, there is no guarantee that ebay/PP can get any money out of her account to reimburse you..you need to call them and see how AND IF you are covered. This is even if she does an ebay BIN. It may be a hijacked account.

Now that sounds scary. If I end up bidding on her listing on ebay, and she sends me a fake bag, how much of a headache is it to do a charge back on the cc, if paypal could not recover my money? Is there a limit to how much paypal would cover if purchasing from a 0 feedback seller?

Now that sounds scary. If I end up bidding on her listing on ebay, and she sends me a fake bag, how much of a headache is it to do a charge back on the cc, if paypal could not recover my money? Is there a limit to how much paypal would cover if purchasing from a 0 feedback seller?
That is why you need to call them. Find out how you will be covered with that particular seller. With 0 FB, they may say you have limited or NO coverage. Put in the link so this can be checked out?