Buying online?

I want to make my 1st ever LV purchase soon, but the closest store is 2 hours away (Nashville) and I am not up to the drive (I have 4 little ones and DH is deployed). I'm kinda paranoid about ordering online b/c I am the type of person that likes to inspect everything I buy and make sure its perfect beforehand, especially a purchase worth several hundreds of dollars.

Also, is there anywhere to still buy tax free via phone order or anything? I am in TN.

Any advice? Thanks!

I don't know the answer to the tax question, but I feel I'm getting better merchandise via my online orders versus the boutique I live near. The items I order online are still packed in the original packaging etc. Versus at my boutique they seem to have little or no 'extra' in the back so it's the floor model or nothing. I also love that fedex delivers first thing the next day in most cases! ;)

I've purchased both ways recently and was not happy with my online order. Although I marked it as a gift, it didn't come in a box and I am still waiting on the box they supposedly ordered for me 2 months ago (this is after multiple calls to 866-vuitton). My boutique does have quite a bit of stock so I can have them pull something new from back. I usually call ahead and make sure they have something available other than the floor model though. Often, I have them ship to me and it's tax free - it's literally a 10 minute drive over state lines but if I know what I want I will have them ship it to avoid the $100+ in taxes:smile:

Typically stores will charge you tax if you live in a state where a boutique is located - I do not. I hear Saks is charging tax as well now when they ship. Online was tax free for me, too. Neiman's in Las Vegas has a boutique that shipped tax free to me as well - that might be a good option (they do take Visa/MC at that location).

just curious, when you order online is it suppose to come with the cards, box and shopping bag?

I've ordered several times online, my Eclipse Speedy, graffiti speedy and smaller items like bandeau's and coin key holders, they all came with a boxd tags and dust bag along with a receipt. They do not include a shopping bag as this wouldn't make any sense to me.

just curious, when you order online is it suppose to come with the cards, box and shopping bag?

I have ordered a few times from LV.com and was very pleased! The items will be shipped in the boxes, and come with all the cards, dustbag, etc. However, they won't send you a shopping bag.

I'm 99% sure there is no way to get out of paying tax now. The only way before that I know of was through Eluxury.

And like mentioned before, my boutique (2.5 hours away) never has much in stock, so I'm better off ordering online :sad: I drove all the way to Richmond last week to look at the Azur Neverfull MM, and the only one left was the display. I ended up buying the display because I didn't want to order one through the boutique and have to go back and get it, and I was already at the boutique anyway, so it would be kinda stupid to go home and order one from the website and pay shipping, etc. I don't mind having a display, though. It still looked brand new, and I checked the bag over before purchasing.

I've ordered a few items from LV.com & were happy with the purchases. They always came w/boxes, dustbag, & cards & sometimes w/ribbons! I just feel like the ones online are newer than the stores.
Plus you get free shipping both ways in case you want to return it!

my most recent online purchase (a $2000+ bag) did NOT come boxed. it actually came in a dustbag inside of a LV shopping bag. i kid you not. i bought it right before xmas and 1-866-vuitton is still "working on" finding me a box. they sent a box 2 weeks ago but it was too small. i guess i bought a weird sized bag or something! i will say when i called and complained they were suitably apologetic about it but it still hasn't been resolved. since then i bought another bag from a boutique and probably will do so going forward - i like the personal attention and the fact that i can hold someone specifically accoutable for the service aspect. up until that incident, online worked great for me and everything else was boxed.

I just placed an order online today and I sure hope it comes with a box. I have several boutiques near me, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of calling around and making sure they had a bag from the back that hadn't been used as a display at one time.

I lucked out with my recent Monty purchase at a boutique in that they had one in the back that hadn't yet been displayed. It had a foam shaper inside and I asked to keep that too. :yahoo:

I've ordered a few items from LV.com & were happy with the purchases. They always came w/boxes, dustbag, & cards & sometimes w/ribbons! I just feel like the ones online are newer than the stores.
Plus you get free shipping both ways in case you want to return it!

I agree with this. I only ordered one bag from the online store, but I was very impressed with the experience. I also liked the fact that it was in pristine condition and I didn't have to worry about a bunch of people touching it.

Theres only 1 LV store in my state, 2 hours away
I drove all the way there to buy the bag I wanted, my first LV bag
I could have gotten it online, but I purchased it in store because I wanted the cool LV shopping bag :girlsigh:
I just had to have one lol
Next time I'll just buy online

Last edited:
There isn't a LV store in the state I live in, and if I remember correctly I did not pay tax on any of my purchases from LouisVuitton.com. I think you only pay tax if there is a standing retail store in the state you reside.

I also have to say that I have not experienced any problems. Everything came fresh with the original plastic on it, in a dust bag and a box. Things were also tied up with ribbons. If you are unhappy, they will let you send it right back.