Buying my first MJ bag need advice please !

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
So I have always loved MJ as I said in my other post. I think for my first I should buy black and in regular (not patent) leather but I don't really know what to buy. Bags I already have are Black leather Coach Ali 2006 original vintage leather,Coach camel leather ergo tote has pocket and turnlock on front, Black signature Coach duffle crossbody,Cole Haan triple zip satchel in gunmetal, and some leather hobos. I don't want to duplicate any of the styles I already have and I think I am realizing what I thought all along is that I am not really a hand held bag type of person but more of a shoulder bag person, I love the Turnlock Teri bag but it is similar to my ergo tote the way it looks on the arm. I also like bags with a lot of hardware and that don't sit right up under my armpit (i'm on the larger side right now) I love the look of the magazine tote, should I save more money and get something from the collection or mbmj good. I like quilting and chains, IDK thanks for the help and for reading !

Would you mind posting pics of your current collection, please? That would help in figuring out what styles you already have!

I think the MJ vs. MbMJ discussion usually comes down to personal preference!

Oh - couple of other things that might help narrow things down. Do you have a preference for 1 strap or 2? And size (are there sizes that would be too big/small?)?

shop has good questions for you. if you like the look of the teri but want something a little different, what about the faridah? it's a really popular style for a reason - it's awesome! ;)

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I will def get my collection together to take a picture ! I like the look of a lot of straps like I love the dangly straps on convertible bags with the slouchy look. But as far as comfort one strap on my shoulder would be ideal. Also it has to be kind of big to stay in proportion, bigger bags look better on me. I will check out that hobo now. I like the faridah and will check that one out too ! Thanks !

I would say the Faridah or the Hillier Hobo :biggrin: That's where I'm heading myself..:smile: Because I like when you can have your purse on your shoulder.
I like the hobo but I have so many hobos. maybe I will check out the black faridah in silver hardware or the same colors in the magazine bag. Are those colors htf ? I also like the bordeaux and don't have any bags in that color but I def want black with silver hw since I already have a black bag with brass hw that I love.

I love the Faridah. I think that would be a nice bag for you. MbyMJ has some really nice things in store right now. Lots of fun colors and the leather is really nice.

I love the Faridah. I think that would be a nice bag for you. MbyMJ has some really nice things in store right now. Lots of fun colors and the leather is really nice.
Thank you, I have seen them at Nordstrom but never tried one on. I was looking at this brownish reddish quilted stam last night on bay, It was TDF also I saw another style that looked like the stam but it didn't look framed it was more like a bowler but with the chain and quilting, I really liked that one too !

Go look at bloomies and see if you can find something nice now when it's sale :smile:
Thanks ! I have to sell some small accessories from my collection first so I am thinking by December I can get something. I just got a new bag for my bday so I can wait until december for something I really want !