Buying my first LV!

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
Hi all! I'm about to purchase my first LV tomorrow. I'm so excited as I've been wanting a LV for years and I can finally indulge. I'm kind of nervous to spend so much money on something for myself but my husband is encouraging me to get what I really want. I've only shopped at coach for bags and I have a nice collection but this will be the real showstopper for me.
Is there anything I should look out for at the boutique? Anyhting I should know before shopping? I'm going to be such a newbie I'm afraid the SAs will laugh at me. Lol. I know I want to see if my bag can be heat stamped.
I'm definitely buying a DE Speedy 30. (Am I referencing that correctly?)

Hi, I think that's a lovely first purchase, the DE speedy is one of my favorite bags :smile: don't be nervous!! There's really nothing to be nervous about, a lot of SAs are actually a lot less knowledgeable than you would think, and I'm sure not all their shoppers are as knowledgeable as the lovely ladies (and gentlemen) of tpf either, so relax and just enjoy the experience! Have fun!

And don't forget to do a reveal of your new baby ;)

Yep, that is correct. Welcome to LV, I think I remember you from the Coach boards. You are going to be so happy with your LV! I wondered the same thing, if LV people were going to be snobby or rude to me. On the contrary, one of the reasons I am not currently buying Coach is the rude treatment recieved by my previously loved local Coach boutique. LV and their SAs have been nothing but nice to me, both over the phone and in person. Additionally, I love carrying a bag that is not sold cheaply in the factory outlets and bought by everyone. I only bought boutique Coach, and I like that LV is all special high end bags.

Good to hear your SAs are friendly and sweet. I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. I'm just looking forward to going and want the experience to be as good as possible. This will be my only LV for a year at least! I'm hoping to have fun tomorrow and will have to take some pics for a reveal. It will be my first ever tpf reveal!

woo.. exciting, first LV!

don't worry, i have had very nice treatment from LV SAs so far, they all seem very eager to help. various SAs will greet you as you enter the store.

just inspect the item properly before purchasing. i always ask for other new pieces if i am not satisfied with the piece they are showing me.

have fun!

Hi all! I'm about to purchase my first LV tomorrow. I'm so excited as I've been wanting a LV for years and I can finally indulge. I'm kind of nervous to spend so much money on something for myself but my husband is encouraging me to get what I really want. I've only shopped at coach for bags and I have a nice collection but this will be the real showstopper for me.
Is there anything I should look out for at the boutique? Anyhting I should know before shopping? I'm going to be such a newbie I'm afraid the SAs will laugh at me. Lol. I know I want to see if my bag can be heat stamped.
I'm definitely buying a DE Speedy 30. (Am I referencing that correctly?)

Hello! :wave: Nice to see you over in this part of the forum for a change ;) I usually see you over at Coach. The Speedy 30 DE was my second bag purchase at the boutique (and my 3rd LV bag, second was preowned). I think that's a GREAT choice for your first. The Speedy is the first purse that LV made (as they started in luggage), and the Damier Ebene is their first print (the mono came later)... I looooove the history in that choice :smile: Plus, it's a gorgeous bag! YAY! I'm excited for you.

Don't be too shy to tell an SA you're just looking right now if you're not feeling them... Find an SA you're comfortable with and you'll have a great experience. Look the bag over, be sure you love it and everything looks good before you buy, don't let any flaws pass. Have them wrap it up for you when you're ready! And be sure to get a glass of champagne for while you're browsing. It's a special occasion :biggrin:

Hello! :wave: Nice to see you over in this part of the forum for a change ;) I usually see you over at Coach. The Speedy 30 DE was my second bag purchase at the boutique (and my 3rd LV bag, second was preowned). I think that's a GREAT choice for your first. The Speedy is the first purse that LV made (as they started in luggage), and the Damier Ebene is their first print (the mono came later)... I looooove the history in that choice :smile: Plus, it's a gorgeous bag! YAY! I'm excited for you.

Don't be too shy to tell an SA you're just looking right now if you're not feeling them... Find an SA you're comfortable with and you'll have a great experience. Look the bag over, be sure you love it and everything looks good before you buy, don't let any flaws pass. Have them wrap it up for you when you're ready! And be sure to get a glass of champagne for while you're browsing. It's a special occasion :biggrin:

^ agree!
I hope you have a wonderful experience! I think you are making a great choice with the DE speedy. Which location are you going to?
Can't wait to see your reveal!!

Don't feel afraid to truly inspect your bag and try it on as much as you want in the store. It's your first purchase so you should feel confident in your choice. Also ask questions about care/maintenance for the style you are purchasing so you can know what to expect going forward.

Thanks! Its good to be here in the LV forum. I've learnedly so much here. It's also nice to hear the history of LV and the Speedy. Good to know I've made a nice choice. :smile:

^ agree!
I hope you have a wonderful experience! I think you are making a great choice with the DE speedy. Which location are you going to?
Can't wait to see your reveal!!

I'm going to the Oak Brook IL store. I thought about going to the one downtown Chicago but didn't want to have to deal with parking and street traffic. The Oak Brook mall is also where I got my engagement purse at Coach. Husband definitely knows what I like.

Don't feel afraid to truly inspect your bag and try it on as much as you want in the store. It's your first purchase so you should feel confident in your choice. Also ask questions about care/maintenance for the style you are purchasing so you can know what to expect going forward.

Care and maintenance are priority to me. I baby my bags and want to keep them for years so I'll be asking some questions. And I'm certainly doing a full inspection before I leave.

I'm going to the Oak Brook IL store. I thought about going to the one downtown Chicago but didn't want to have to deal with parking and street traffic. The Oak Brook mall is also where I got my engagement purse at Coach. Husband definitely knows what I like.

It's a great store, I was there in Sept... I am pretty sure they have a hot stamp machine. I had my luggage tag done at the Michigan Avenue location....you hubby sounds like a very sweet man! Have a wonderful time!!!

Hello..I was in your same situation few weeks ago. I was so worried about getting embarrassed at the LV store for a couple of reasons. Then I started going through this forum which helped me a lot to decide what I want to get. I went through some YouTube videos to make sure I pronounce the names right. I also went through yelp reviews of the LV stores near me(i have 4 stores closer to my home) and went to the one with the good reviews. I also decided that if I have a bad experience at the store I will just come back home and order online. However I had a wonderful first time experience at the boutique and just bought my 1st LV, Speedy 30 Mono on Valentines Day :smile: So good luck with your purchase!! :smile: