Buying my first LV tomorrow! Advice?

Swedie

Us bound
Dec 9, 2005
Okay, so I finally convinced my fiancé that buying a LV would be a good idea :biggrin: (with our wedding coming up there are a lot of expenses :wacko: ) So, we're going to the LV store in Copenhagen tomorrow to get me my very first Louis!! :love: :nuts: :nuts:

I am trying to decide between the Speedy 25 and the Speedy 30.. I love the size of the 30, but I am worried it will sag.. BUT it would be good for school and help me hold all my junk :shame:

Can you give me some pros and cons to both?? :idea:

OMG, I'm so excited!! :nuts: :nuts:

You say for school? I would get a big bag. You have to have room for a lot of school supplies. That´s just me. I always go practical on my bags..
I would choose Speedy 30 (that one is my first LV choice, so)
I would not worry about the size, if you have a lot of stuff, you would probably be abel to fill it up...But, that is jsut me :smile:

Copenhangen? jahh, as a danish girl....wuhu!! :smile:

Ronja

Hmm..speedy 30 or speedy 25? I have speedy 30 and I love it. I carry it to go shopping, when I travel, or just go for casual outing. My speedy sags (spell?) and I don't really put a lot of stuffs in it but who cares? I never feel bother from it. I guess it meant to be like that as the bag is design for very casual wearing and for travelling.

But my feeling for the speedy 25 is because a bit smaller size it looks more trandy and maybe it is more popular among the youngen? Is it?

I know my speedy 30 is the right one for me.

I prefer the 25 over the 30, but this is an on going debate between Louis lovers. If you're afraid of sag, you can always put a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the bag, or buy a 'purseket', which is a purse organizer (it has slots to put things in) and it'll help the speedy keep it's shape.

I have a Speedy 25 and although it doesn't look very big it holds a lot more than you would think.

The other day I had in mine- my big checkbook zip around wallet and big make up bag, my full size ipod, a vhs tape and two DVDs and I still had room to spare!

I think the 30 feels like carrying a piece of luggage instead of a purse, but that's just my opinion.

Ronja, I'm actually swedish, but am living in the US part time. My fiancé is an american and we're doing the whole "stay with each other as much as we can, live in both places" thing right now :wacko: Right now we're both in Malmö and Copenhagen has the closest LV store :smile:

Thank you all for your help.. I'm still very torn though. I love the 30, have never really seen the 25 IRL so I can't really make up my mind about that one. So you're saying that the 25 doesn't sag at all? That would be a big plus. I plan to keep this bag for a long time..

Darnit, I wish I could get both :cry: Or maybe a classic monogram 25 and then a MC 30, I WISH!:huh:

Swedie said:
Ronja, I'm actually swedish, but am living in the US part time. My fiancé is an american and we're doing the whole "stay with each other as much as we can, live in both places" thing right now :wacko: Right now we're both in Malmö and Copenhagen has the closest LV store :smile:

Thank you all for your help.. I'm still very torn though. I love the 30, have never really seen the 25 IRL so I can't really make up my mind about that one. So you're saying that the 25 doesn't sag at all? That would be a big plus. I plan to keep this bag for a long time..

Darnit, I wish I could get both :cry: Or maybe a classic monogram 25 and then a MC 30, I WISH!:huh:

The 25 does sag, but in my opinion not as much as the 30. I saw a woman with an older-looking 30 the other day, and it was sagging pretty heavily. I just received a vintage 25 that I bought on eBay, and it does sag, but not as much as I thought it would. I like the way it looks :biggrin:

Swedie said:
Cristina, I saw your vintage one and it looks really good still! :smile:

Damn, I'm so torn!!

You said you're going to the store tomorrow? Try them both on and then make your decision. Ask the SA for his/her opinion on how each bag looks on you. Dump your stuff in the bag and carry it around, see how it feels. That's the whole fun in bag shopping, trying different ones on and then finally making your decision. Definitely take the tissue paper and stuffing out of the bag and carry it around without all that stuff in it, since you normally don't carry around a bag stuffed with tissue paper :P Take your time, ask tons of questions... in other words, be a true customer :biggrin: When you're spending a lot of money on something, it's worth taking your time.

Cristina said:
You said you're going to the store tomorrow? Try them both on and then make your decision. Ask the SA for his/her opinion on how each bag looks on you. Dump your stuff in the bag and carry it around, see how it feels. That's the whole fun in bag shopping, trying different ones on and then finally making your decision. Definitely take the tissue paper and stuffing out of the bag and carry it around without all that stuff in it, since you normally don't carry around a bag stuffed with tissue paper :P Take your time, ask tons of questions... in other words, be a true customer :biggrin: When you're spending a lot of money on something, it's worth taking your time.

Thanks for the advice :smile: I will definitely do that! My fiance will help me decide too, he's a great shopping partner! He's just as excited as me about this, too cute :lol: We just saw a keepall 50 online and he said that would be our next project, so I could have some hot carry on for when I fly :love: :smile:

I will let you all know what I decide on! And post pics of course! ;)

Swedie said:

No, not that. Just, you mentioned Copenhagen and as the danish person I am. We react when towns in the land is mentioned.. :smile:

I still say S 30 thou :P

Ronja