Buying my First Louis

Nov 18, 2011
Hi, Ladies & Gents

I was wondering has anyone ever bought a bag on Louis website?

Im wanting to buy my first designer handbag, And I was looking at BTR and from here heard BAD reviews and looked today and the bags looked so dirty. I've also looked on Ebay but dont want to risk buying a fake.

And I have a silly quesiton, When buying online does it still come in their box right? lol

Im looking at this bag,
http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...andbags/products/Neverfull-MM-MONOGRAM-M40156

Not sure what size I want or if I want it in Damier
Im just a 19 year old who's loved bags my entire life wanting to buy this awesome bag, Who's like some tips from other collocters.

Hi, Ladies & Gents

I was wondering has anyone ever bought a bag on Louis website?

Im wanting to buy my first designer handbag, And I was looking at BTR and from here heard BAD reviews and looked today and the bags looked so dirty. I've also looked on Ebay but dont want to risk buying a fake.

And I have a silly quesiton, When buying online does it still come in their box right? lol

Im looking at this bag,
http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...andbags/products/Neverfull-MM-MONOGRAM-M40156

Not sure what size I want or if I want it in Damier
Im just a 19 year old who's loved bags my entire life wanting to buy this awesome bag, Who's like some tips from other collocters.

Welcome! If you order through the website it does come with the box and dustcover. This bag is a good starting point. If you want the Mono or Azur you will have to deal with the vachetta trim until it tans. The Damier Ebene is more care-free. The MM is a very good size. I purchased the MM size last month for a cruise to the Western Caribbean, and I can tell you that it held a ton! A purse organizer will keep everything organized nicely. I hope this helps you.

--I have never bought from their online store-
but would imagine it would be fine-

Sounds like you might need to decide on which bag you want first- then
go for the purchase?
Take your time so you get the one you really love!
The Neverfull you are looking at is very is very popular and sounds great for you!

I've never purchased online and i cant click your link on the ipad. If i read the other posts correctly, it seems as if you are looking at the neverful. That is a nice bag. You might consider the mm size and look into which print matches more of your wardrobe

Is there any particular reason why you are choosing to buy online rather than in the boutique?

I think that if it is your first purchase and it's going to be a new lv, go in store. Touch it, hold it, try it on, feel how heavy it is. Most SA's I've met are very patient. If your spending that much money especially when it's your first it's a good idea to physically handle it. It will also give you a chance to ask questions about the bag, maintenance etc

Good luck :smile:

Is there any particular reason why you are choosing to buy online rather than in the boutique?

I think that if it is your first purchase and it's going to be a new lv, go in store. Touch it, hold it, try it on, feel how heavy it is. Most SA's I've met are very patient. If your spending that much money especially when it's your first it's a good idea to physically handle it. It will also give you a chance to ask questions about the bag, maintenance etc

Good luck :smile:

Because of location. The closet LV store is alittle ways away. And I dont like driving in the big city so It just makes it easy.

I ordered a NF online last month & it came in a box and I did not indicate that it was a gift. The box was the thinner cardboard version rather than the sturdier thicker one and the lid got bent during shipping although the bag was fine. I ordered a wallet a couple weeks ago and it arrived in the traditional sturdy box that is like a drawer. Both had dust bags. If in doubt, I have found that calling their customer service number has always been helpful and they always answer any questions that I have.

Have purchased all of my bags online from the website - never had any problem- Everyone i have dealt with has been extremely polite and helpful. I would mention though at times especially if this is your first purchase ever if you place your order via the internet and not call them directly they might call you and have you verify your information (billing and shipping address) and will tell you that you must sign for your packages when delivered. There has only been one time that i did not have to sign and it was an error on the postal service as lv generally requires signature for obvious reasons. Good luck and let us know what you get.

I've ordered online several times and I always got the thicker box, the only time I got the flimsy box was at the boutique.

The Neverfull is a great first bag, it's light, practical and you can carry a little or a lot in it. If this is your first I recommend you get it in monogram, best size is MM... Let us know what you get, the first one is always special :love:

I have ordered numerous times on their website, but not BTR. I only buy new directly from LV.com or their store. They are great. It comes really fast and I love receiving that box and opening it. It's such a rush!!!