Buying my first Hermes

Hina khan

Jun 2, 2018
Hello everyone! I stumbled across this page while trying to google about how to score a birkin. For all you ladies who own it , can you please tell me which city would be best to buy the birkin? I can travel pretty much anywhere in the US. My 40th birthday is coming up and somehow my husband told me to get myself a birkin as the gift. So girls please help me find my first H bag. I am thinking of getting either black or gold in size 30 with ghd in epsom leather. My husband thinks that i should buy from a reseller but i really want to experience it myself. My SF in Houston only has one fuscia in some exotic leather plus as i don’t really shop there often so i think he is not really taking interest. I live in Kansas and we don’t have a Hermes store here.Thanks in advance for all your tips

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:!

How exciting that you are looking for your first B.!

You might want to have a look at this thread, which has tons of advise in it:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...et-a-birkin-or-other-bag-reading-room.505926/

If you do a search in the shopping thread, you can read about different experiences at different locations all over the world:
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/hermes-shopping.57/

There's no golden rule to get a Birkin. Sometimes it comes down to luck, and sometimes it depends on the relationship you have with a certain boutique/SA/SM.
I would say you can try to get one from a boutique first and if that doesn't work out, you can always decide to go the reseller route ;).

Good luck, hope you'll find your dream bag soon!

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:!

How exciting that you are looking for your first B.!

You might want to have a look at this thread, which has tons of advise in it:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...et-a-birkin-or-other-bag-reading-room.505926/

If you do a search in the shopping thread, you can read about different experiences at different locations all over the world:
https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/hermes-shopping.57/

There's no golden rule to get a Birkin. Sometimes it comes down to luck, and sometimes it depends on the relationship you have with a certain boutique/SA/SM.
I would say you can try to get one from a boutique first and if that doesn't work out, you can always decide to go the reseller route ;).

Good luck, hope you'll find your dream bag soon!
Thank you ! Will have a look! Do you think calling different stores would help?

Reactions: **Chanel**
From everything I read, best chance for walking into a boutique and buying one without a shopping history would be to go to Vegas.

Experience wise, establishing a relationship with an SA is your best bet.

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Hello everyone! I stumbled across this page while trying to google about how to score a birkin. For all you ladies who own it , can you please tell me which city would be best to buy the birkin? I can travel pretty much anywhere in the US. My 40th birthday is coming up and somehow my husband told me to get myself a birkin as the gift. So girls please help me find my first H bag. I am thinking of getting either black or gold in size 30 with ghd in epsom leather. My husband thinks that i should buy from a reseller but i really want to experience it myself. My SF in Houston only has one fuscia in some exotic leather plus as i don’t really shop there often so i think he is not really taking interest. I live in Kansas and we don’t have a Hermes store here.Thanks in advance for all your tips

If you can go to Paris, you would have a chance. Chanel directed you to the Shopping Forum. Take a look at the Paris thread.

Reactions: Hina khan
Scoring a birkin is a crap shoot pardon the expression & while there is nothing like having the H experience especially for your
first bag, your husband's idea is not a bad one.
I might consider sourcing several resellers for the birkin bag. What size & what leather is appealing to you?
It then will become a process of elimination.
Not having an existing relationship with a SA can be tough scoring the bag you would like.

I think it would be challenging unless you plan on spending a ton and then asking. I wouldn’t say impossible as the first time I talked to me SA I was offered a black birkin. If you want more than 1 bag i would suggest creating a relationship. Finding an sa who you mesh with. Ive been fortunate to be offered things that don’t match how much i’ve spent bc i found an sa i mesh with.

Agree with poster above, the best place I guess for a walk-in is Vegas. There is also one poster in the SF thread, she said that she got a B35 as a walk in.
It is not impossible to get one as a walk in, but chances are pretty slim. Good luck and hopefully you get lucky. Happy birthday!