Buying my first Hermes

1. Hello everyone! I stumbled across this page while trying to google about how to score a birkin. For all you ladies who own it , can you please tell me which city would be best to buy the birkin? I can travel pretty much anywhere in the US. My 40th birthday is coming up and somehow my husband told me to get myself a birkin as the gift. So girls please help me find my first H bag. I am thinking of getting either black or gold in size 30 with ghd in epsom leather. My husband thinks that i should buy from a reseller but i really want to experience it myself. My SF in Houston only has one fuscia in some exotic leather plus as i don’t really shop there often so i think he is not really taking interest. I live in Kansas and we don’t have a Hermes store here.Thanks in advance for all your tips

2. Hi, welcome to the forum :wave:!

How exciting that you are looking for your first B.!

You might want to have a look at this thread, which has tons of advise in it:
    https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-newbies-how-do-i-get-a-birkin-or-other-bag-reading-room.505926/

If you do a search in the shopping thread, you can read about different experiences at different locations all over the world:
    https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/hermes-shopping.57/

There's no golden rule to get a Birkin. Sometimes it comes down to luck, and sometimes it depends on the relationship you have with a certain boutique/SA/SM.
    I would say you can try to get one from a boutique first and if that doesn't work out, you can always decide to go the reseller route ;).

Good luck, hope you'll find your dream bag soon!

Hina khan and Swanky like this.
  3. Thank you ! Will have a look! Do you think calling different stores would help?

**Chanel** likes this.
  4. In my experience sadly no, unless you have a long standing relationship with a SA.

5. From everything I read, best chance for walking into a boutique and buying one without a shopping history would be to go to Vegas.

Experience wise, establishing a relationship with an SA is your best bet.

ChanelCanuck likes this.
  6. Unfortunately not (you might succeed in asking for other items, but not for a Birkin, Kelly or Constance)
    Unless you have a good relationship with a SA/SM at a certain boutique.

Hina khan likes this.
  7. Thank you.

**Chanel** likes this.
  8. If you can go to Paris, you would have a chance. Chanel directed you to the Shopping Forum. Take a look at the Paris thread.

Hina khan likes this.
  9. I can’t really goto Paris. I can fly anywhere in US but it would be hard to leave the kids home for more than 2 days.

10. Scoring a birkin is a crap shoot pardon the expression & while there is nothing like having the H experience especially for your
    first bag, your husband's idea is not a bad one.
    I might consider sourcing several resellers for the birkin bag. What size & what leather is appealing to you?
    It then will become a process of elimination.
    Not having an existing relationship with a SA can be tough scoring the bag you would like.

Hina khan likes this.
  11. Hey i am actually going to Paris next month to buy my first birkin:$

12. Congrats! Hope you get your birkin.

Hina khan likes this.
  13. Fingers crossed !! ❤️

14. I think it would be challenging unless you plan on spending a ton and then asking. I wouldn’t say impossible as the first time I talked to me SA I was offered a black birkin. If you want more than 1 bag i would suggest creating a relationship. Finding an sa who you mesh with. Ive been fortunate to be offered things that don’t match how much i’ve spent bc i found an sa i mesh with.

Hina khan likes this.
  15. Agree with poster above, the best place I guess for a walk-in is Vegas. There is also one poster in the SF thread, she said that she got a B35 as a walk in.
    It is not impossible to get one as a walk in, but chances are pretty slim. Good luck and hopefully you get lucky. Happy birthday!

Hina khan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice