Buying my first Evelyn GM - Tosca or Bluejean - help!

bem3231

O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Hello everyone -

I am new to Hermes, having been entrenched in LV/Chanel for a few years. I have a 21 month old daughter and am getting into cross-body bags. I have decided to purchase an Evelyn GM. I am trying to decide between Bluejean and Tosca, and would love some input.

I do not own many blue items, but I really love pinks. As such, I have several LE LV's that are similar in color to Tosca.

When I was in the boutique last week I saw the Evelyn in Bluejean, Mykonos, Celeste, and Blue Electric, and my preference was for Bluejean. I'm thinking that it would actually coordinate with quite a few colors, probably more than the Tosca. I'm also wondering if color transfer is a problem with Evelyns, and, if so, if the Bluejean would be a better choice for that reason (assuming that most color transfer would be from denim)?

I have not seen the Tosca in person, but it is available and photos that I've seen of it look gorgeous.

I'm wondering if anyone has any input that might help me decide? Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Thank you! :smile:

tosca is a current season colour and will only be available while stocks last..H may rest it after this season but there may?? be other shades of pink in the future..no guarantees though with H.

blue jean is a classic colour for H so it is always available..

i think both are great colours but agree with you that blue jean go with more things than tosca. if you love pink and want a H bag in pink and the evelyne will be your one and only H bag for a while, then i would say go for tosca. otherwise either is fine. but i love blue jean and thinks it looks great on the evelyne with the white stitching.

also need to consider what leather you want to get? the evelyne is available in clemence and epsom leather. clemence is heavier than epsom i would say. but please do a search on the forum on the different leather types. there are lots of discussion threads on this topic!

it does get colour transfer on denim but i have successfully cleaned mine with alcohol and perfume free baby wipes..! i use the wipes on my other H bags too..

HTH. good luck with the decision..

Since you already have several pink bags that are similar to Tosca, why not get the blue Jean? It is a really pretty color.
Just survey your wardrobe because I have read on this forum that sometimes bluejean is a tough color to work with. Personally, I think it is very beautiful..cheerful, too.

I prefer Tosca actually. Blue Jean is a lighter color and color transfer may be slightly a bigger problem. I understand you have many other pinks already, but I would still advise for the Tosca as I am like you, a pink fanatic. Thus have more pink bags as well and no matter what bags I am interested in, pink would always be the one that caught my eyes..

Thank you for all of the responses - all are much appreciated. Chincac - the Blue Jean is a clemence leather. I assumed that the Tosca one was also clemence but have not seen it so will definitely ask.

I have seen many Tosca swatches and bags in online photos, but in some of them the color looks like a warm hot pink, while in others it definitely looks more purplish. Can anyone who has seen Tosca (I'm assuming clemence) in person try to describe the color for me?

Thanks again!

I have Evelyne in blue jean pm. I so love this colour since blue is my fave colour. If you already have some pink bags, I suggest you take the blue jean. Perhaps you can ask your SA to show you both colors when they have them so you can try and decide which one you like the best. Good luck dear.

I have Evelyne in blue jean pm. I so love this colour since blue is my fave colour. If you already have some pink bags, I suggest you take the blue jean. Perhaps you can ask your SA to show you both colors when they have them so you can try and decide which one you like the best. Good luck dear.

Thank you for your input - I am leaning towards the blue jean I think. I would love to see the bags side to side, however I do not live near a boutique. I was in the boutique last week and saw the blue jean in person. The Tosca is at another boutique that I will not be able to visit prior to purchasing - I would purchase over the phone. I was told that there will be a price increase Feb 1st and so would like to purchase before then, otherwise I would wait, but I think that ultimately either would be an awesome bag to own, use, and love!

bem3231 said:
Thank you for your input - I am leaning towards the blue jean I think. I would love to see the bags side to side, however I do not live near a boutique. I was in the boutique last week and saw the blue jean in person. The Tosca is at another boutique that I will not be able to visit prior to purchasing - I would purchase over the phone. I was told that there will be a price increase Feb 1st and so would like to purchase before then, otherwise I would wait, but I think that ultimately either would be an awesome bag to own, use, and love!

Yes you should buy a bag that you absolutely want, love and use it, otherwise don't even think to waste your money dear. Blue jean is classic colour too, I also love anything classic, you'll never get wrong with classic. If you can't see the tosca prior purchasing it, I suggest you should wait until you see it in person, sometimes the nice colour that you see either on ebay or else where, they look gorgeous but when you try it on, you don't feel the "click" with it, this happened to me before, i tried bouganvillia evelyne before, it's such a nice and beautiful colour, but when I tried it on and looked in the mirror lots of times @ H boutique, it just didn't click, my hearts still wanted a blue jean. So I waited patiently until my store got this colour, right in time for last Xmas gift. Lol.
I also aware of the price increase will occur very soon, either you buy the blue jean now or pay a lil more money for tosca when it becomes available in your local store. But whichever colour you decide to get I wish you all the best and don't forget to post the pics. Have a nice day dear.

Evelyne in Tosca Clemence:
(Credit: BabyBenV)
attachment.php

Evelyne in Bley Jean Epsom
(Credit: Ranag)
attachment.php

tosca is a current season colour and will only be available while stocks last..H may rest it after this season but there may?? be other shades of pink in the future..no guarantees though with H.

blue jean is a classic colour for H so it is always available..

i think both are great colours but agree with you that blue jean go with more things than tosca. if you love pink and want a H bag in pink and the evelyne will be your one and only H bag for a while, then i would say go for tosca. otherwise either is fine. but i love blue jean and thinks it looks great on the evelyne with the white stitching.

also need to consider what leather you want to get? the evelyne is available in clemence and epsom leather. clemence is heavier than epsom i would say. but please do a search on the forum on the different leather types. there are lots of discussion threads on this topic!

it does get colour transfer on denim but i have successfully cleaned mine with alcohol and perfume free baby wipes..! i use the wipes on my other H bags too..

HTH. good luck with the decision..

Totally agree with you chincac! I love both colors but since Tosca is a current season color, I will go for it! Blue jean is not hard to find IMO and you can always get another bag in blue jean later.