Buying mascara. How to get the freshest tube?!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone
    How does on e go about getting the freshest tubes of mascara? Do you buy in the store or do you buy online? I ask because sometimes my mascara flakes off my eyelashes at the end of the day.

Thank you.

2. I don't think it's because your mascara isn't "fresh". I noticed cheaper mascaras (drug stores) tended to flake and land on my cheeks while more expensive mascara didn't. I suggest you try switching the brand of mascara you're currently using doesn't have to be expensive - for me I just did some research on non flaking mascaras. I personally like lancome hypnose drama

3. I second that! Has nothing to do with the freshness, but instead the type and quality - not equivalent to price tag - of the mascara.

Funny enough, my favorite mascara is also the Lancome Hypnose Drama :loveeyes: Never flakes on me, applies beautifully, and doesn't go anywhere even when I rub my eyes. It's volumizing, lengthening, and holds a curl wonderfully. Out of curiosity I've tried other mascaras, but they didn't compare.