Buying LV online and bringing in to Singapore

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

Need some info. I live in Singapore and I am planning to buy LV from the French online site 'coz price of LV is much less than in Singapore. Difference is almost SGD200-300 (USD150 to 220).

Can anyone tell me that in case I purchase online and bring it in to Singapore that the goverment will charge me sales tax?

Any input would be very much appreciated.

TIA.:smile:

2. Have you check with LV online site whether you could buy online? I don't think they can ship it to S'pore. If they do, nobody will buy from S'pore LV stores!! Anyway prices of LV in S'pore is consider reasonable,I just bought 3 items from Ion Mall and Raffles Hotel LV,there are 5% cheaper than KL even with GST. Used to get about 12% cheaper after GST rebete when I came back by flight.

3. ^^ I agree. Even if you are able to find a way e.g. using a forwarding company like Comgateway or MyUs.com, there will be additional cost of shipping (and concierge fee) to take into account, and you'll end up with more or less the same price. The only viable way is if you have friends travelling to Paris or UK for instance, who can buy the bag(s) for you. Personally I find the Singapore prices ok too. Happy shopping!