Buying LV on Ebay

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Im thinking about purchasing my first LV on Ebay. I'm a college student so I cant afford to buy them in the store....yet! However for my birthday I want to buy one for myself. I have a limit of about $300-$350. Is it possible to get an authentic one for this price. How have your experiences been on ebay?

2. l would say go for it, but get it checked here 1st...and if the A team ask for more pics get them, or walk away...l have a few pre-loved and have been thrilled with them...just know what you want, check what they go for, and get it checked....remember if it seems to good to be true it probably is ......Good luck :smile: x

3. I think that's completely possible with epi. I just got a red epi speedy 30 for $325 and it's sooo pretty! If you keep your eyes peeled, you'll fine something soon!

4. Make sure you educate yourself first about LV products (read lots of posts on tPF). It helps me lot to be an informed LV consumer (since I'm new to LV) besides it's so addicting reading everyone's posts. People here seem so nice and genuinely like to help, I'm sure they'll help you to make a right decision. GL

5. ita...I've learned so much about the brand from the folks in here! Just make sure you get whatever you are looking for authenticated before bidding! Good luck...

6. I think the risk of getting scammed / buying a fake is overwhelming. Especially in your price range. To the contrary of what many people think, today's counterfeits are extremely well produced and one is easily fooled.

My advice would be to save some more money and buy the real deal at a proper store.

7. It helps, but to an extent. I don't think anybody should rely solely on a fellow board member's (common OR moderator) verdict on REAL/FAKE based on limited pictures of eBay. I am convinced many fakes slips through the authenticity thread...

8. ^^^^ As stated in the disclaimer post in the authentication thread:

"All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such."

I too am convinced many fakes slip through the authenticity thread... however those are the opinions of members with little authentication skills who randomly pop in and post.

9. It's definitely possible, I recently got a great green Epi Noe for only $185!
    Sellers nowadays are easier to work with and sell things cheaper now since a LOT of them would rather just have the money than a bag sitting around, so there are many great deals to be had.
    Just be sure to have everything checked out on the Authentication threads as people have pointed out, no matter whom the seller is.

Agree.
    And many may even be those who are selling the bags themselves...I've seen that quite a bit too.

10. I got my speedy 35 for $330. it's in pretty perfect condition (patina, but not bad).

You could definitely find a Speedy

11. Two other sites for you would be Anne's Fabulous Finds she sells authentic preloved L.V.s and has Layaway and sales. I know alot of tPf'rs sell on Bonanzle too. just a couple of alternatives for you. Good luck and show us what you bought!!!!!!

12. ^^^ AFF had a fake listed once... so regrardless of who it is, it's always best to double check.