Buying limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydekiwi

O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
Hi everyone, im new to hermes im usually buying LV items but is there a limit to how many things can be purchased in a yr? I just bought the micro rivale leather bracelet online. My next purchase was going to be the clic clak. I heard that only one scarf per yr is allowed. Is this the same with jewelry? Is the limit only in stores? Is there a online limit? Do cancel orders count? Thanks so much

They keep a track record of what you've purchased. I know that if you're a tourist, (you're American but you're in Paris, for example) there's a limit on how much you can purchase. I'm not sure about rules for scarves or jewelry, but you could call your local store and ask:smile:

Hi everyone, im new to hermes im usually buying LV items but is there a limit to how many things can be purchased in a yr? I just bought the micro rivale leather bracelet online. My next purchase was going to be the clic clak. I heard that only one scarf per yr is allowed. Is this the same with jewelry? Is the limit only in stores? Is there a online limit? Do cancel orders count? Thanks so much

There is limit on B/K and perhaps CDC, but one scarf per year is definitely not true... otherwise I wouldn't be on ban island right now LOL

They keep a track record of what you've purchased. I know that if you're a tourist, (you're American but you're in Paris, for example) there's a limit on how much you can purchase. I'm not sure about rules for scarves or jewelry, but you could call your local store and ask:smile:

Have you purchased at Hermes in Paris? Because I do not believe this is true, based on my experience (and others') at all three stores there.

No. I never been to paris. I live in usa

Actually, my comment was addressed to a different poster. There can be limits to the purchase of Birkins and Kellys but it also can depend on your relationship with the store. I have never heard of store limits on scarves or other items, not even CDCs. Though those are generally scarce and SAs may want to ration them amongst customers.

You should look through the hermes.com thread regarding online limits, as there are limits to those purchases.

Last edited:
For the H Paris stores, I do not believe there are any spending limits. I've seen customers buy dozens of scarves, accessories, clothes, tons of china and multiple pairs of shoes in one go.

I expect H Paris would only keep track of your spending if you are consistently buying a LOT of VARIOUS kinds of items and you'll be "categorized" for all the right reasons...i.e. being a big spender or VIP.

One of the most expensive brands in the world would not put a limit on their buyers and I imagine would only do so if they observe buying patterns that are suspicious or they suspect someone is a reseller.

I think H mostly cares about how many leather goods a person buys so there are limits. The SM at my store just told me that there is a limit of 3 bags per style per year rule. This I did not know til I heard her say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.