Buying internationally with Ebay questions.

PJMac

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Hey,
sorry if there is a thread already on this.. But when i didnt see anything when i did a search. I am purchasing a bag through ebay that is coming from the UK. Everytime i have bought through ebay I have always done it through the US. I know that there is the whole customs deal and i was just wondering what were some ways to be safe when purchasing from other countries.

I am also paying through paypal!

thanks!

Hey,
sorry if there is a thread already on this.. But when i didnt see anything when i did a search. I am purchasing a bag through ebay that is coming from the UK. Everytime i have bought through ebay I have always done it through the US. I know that there is the whole customs deal and i was just wondering what were some ways to be safe when purchasing from other countries.

I am also paying through paypal!

Question PJ.. are you buying this item that is located in the UK on Ebay UK or on Ebay US?

thanks!

In my own personal experience, I have had far less customs issues w/ items that arrive in the US and are handed over to USPS for delivery via USPS INTL Priority or USPS INTL Express.
I have been charged customs when the item was delivered UPS or Fed-Ex. It's a crap shoot, just be prepared for it. I paid slightly over 10%.

Pay through Paypal, ask to send it via International Signed For or Parcel Force depending on the value of your purchase and pray...;)

:roflmfao: This is sadly true. Most INTL items handed over to the US for delivery, tracking will show passed thru intl customs at US and then nothing else until delivered. The tracking updates usually suck, but nonetheless, online tracking is a must.

And... shinymagpie has provided the customs link.:smile: