Buying in boutiques or department

No preferences for me. I’ve always purchased wherever they have what I wanted since day 1 lol. I don’t live near a boutique so technically I don’t have a home store. However, I do have favorite SAs though. I don’t see any advantages/disadvantages one place vs another except like @Swanky mentioned about points. I use the same card to earn cash rebate so it really doesn’t matter to me.

No preferences for me. I’ve always purchased wherever they have what I wanted since day 1 lol. I don’t live near a boutique so technically I don’t have a home store. However, I do have favorite SAs though. I don’t see any advantages/disadvantages one place vs another except like @Swanky mentioned about points. I use the same card to earn cash rebate so it really doesn’t matter to me.
Thank you guys for the reply! Another question, if you buy remote do you pay taxes based on the home address?

not really unless like @Swanky said you want to accumulate points with a department store credit card. A lot of department store boutiques are owned directly by Chanel now (they used to be owned by the department store), so they don't participate in department store promotions, but they still have to follow the department store's return policy, so sometimes that's an advantage (i.e. Chanel has a 14-day return window, but Saks has a 30-day window, so a Chanel store inside Saks has a 30-day return window).

For RTW alteration and bag repair, there's no difference between stand alone and department store boutiques as far as I can tell.

• Insightful
Reactions: lunabear101
not really unless like @Swanky said you want to accumulate points with a department store credit card. A lot of department store boutiques are owned directly by Chanel now (they used to be owned by the department store), so they don't participate in department store promotions, but they still have to follow the department store's return policy, so sometimes that's an advantage (i.e. Chanel has a 14-day return window, but Saks has a 30-day window, so a Chanel store inside Saks has a 30-day return window).

For RTW alteration and bag repair, there's no difference between stand alone and department store boutiques as far as I can tell.
Chanel at Nordstrom, Neimans ,Bloomingdales have 14 day return policy, they don’t follow department store policy.

My credit card gives me 5% up to 2000 dollars with department stores and I usually have a double points day floating around with Nordstrom. Not a lot, but still at least some savings with a brand that is so expensive. It also helps that I only have one Chanel store near me lol.

• Love
Reactions: lunabear101