buying hermes online?

1. do you suggest this? are there sites that sell authentic hermes besides eBay? :graucho:

2. There are some sites that do sell authentic - some are consignment - you can Luxwear.com as a good one; and a few consignment shops - depends what you are looking for! I have bought from e-bay with great luck and been very happy - we can always help if you want to let us know what you're looking for...

3. shopmom...where are you????

4. Oh right Luxury-zurich (who posts here as well) also sell a lot!

5. I agree. I visit their website quite often, too! I haven't bought anything from them yet. I have no experience buying anything outside of Hermes. So, I am just little hesitant. But it is very tempting when I see their stuff. They have a lot of good stuff with really good deals (btw, I am not related to Luxury-zurich at all:lol::lol: :lol: ).

6. Here I am!:biggrin:

Yup, just got another dandy little scarf from the Boyz at LZ! It's very pretty - this time a pocket-square "Concerto" by Clerc. Never had a pocket-square but wore it today like a hair-band. Kinda cute!

Anyway....I think if you purchase wisely and from a reputable re-seller, you can't go wrong. I bought my 28cm Caramel Coromandel Kelly directly from the store and while it was a wonderful experience I don't necessarily have to do it again. BUT, the trade off is usually getting an older bag that has been well-loved by another before you. My Chocolate Sellier from LZ is 4 years old. My Vintage beauty is 40 years old!!!! My Bolide is 3 years old. But all in excellent condition and I am very picky about things...I think if you develop relationships with a few people you trust and always verify what you are thinking about with the girls here on the PF, you can be pretty sure you're getting the real deal.:flowers: :flowers:

7. shopmom411, I have been waiting for your post, too! Your vintage kelly is awsome/TDF and the new baby is just gorgeous. It is very hard to find vintage Kelly like yours...really Pretty.

8. Oh Aspen...she's really special to me. Sometimes I take her out and prop her on my dresser just like a piece of art. I know that sounds wacky but...she just strikes a cord in me. I can't believe something of that age is still in such excellent condition! I'm still so amazed by it!

I have had wonderful luck buying from re-sellers - and I'm all for it unless you really want something super special and don't mind being on the wait-list...I am not that patient a person and I'm in awe of anyone who is! But, I really also love the older bags too so sometimes my only recourse is the secondary market. (Hey Mario! Think....28cm Ostrich Kelly....28cm Ostrich Kelly....28cm Ostrich Kelly!)

It's been a fun ride, that's for sure and I've met some really wonderful ladies....all included on this Forum!!!!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice