Buying from Zero Feedback Sellers - your experience?

Jul 7, 2006
Hi everyone,

I just won a pair of Louboutins from a zero feedback buyer, and my problem is not questioning the authenticity of them (I am pretty certain they are authentic), but moreso the integrity of the seller. I know I can't tell from zero feedback, and normally I would not have bid, but they were a style and color I had been looking for and were a decent price.

I of course am going to pay, but would like to know of those who have dealt with zero feedback sellers in the past. Are they generally okay? I mean, I'm sure some people create accounts just to sell and have to start somewhere, right? Or is it usually a big red flag? The seller is in the U.S., accepts Paypal, and just sent me an invoice. He (she?) has only been a member since November 18 of this year.

And, if let's say something goes wrong like the shoes are fake or I get something completely different from the listing, what are my chances of winning a claim? I know I shouldn't have bid if I wasn't completely sure, but they are harder to find style and the price was good. I'm a sucker!

So if any of you can let me know your experiences with 0 feedback sellers, it would really help (or maybe not!). Thanks!

I have bought from 0 fb sellers and got smoking deals presumably because other potential buyers were afraid to bid. It all depends on what they are selling and how the listing is presented. if it looks like they are selling out of their closet with their own photos I usually feel ok. If it looks like they have multiples of new designer merchandise with stock photos only I hit the back button

Some of the nicest and smoothest transactions I've had on Ebay were with zero or low feedback buyers and sellers, though it's good to be cautious. I'd be far warier selling to a 0-feedback buyer than buying from a 0-feedback seller- at least you know all of Ebay/Paypal's policies are on your side and if something goes awry it's likely you'll only be out the time you spent on the sale, not any money.

Shoot, with the way Paypal & eBay bias toward the buyer these days, you almost have nothing to lose buying from a 0 feedback seller. It's the 0 feedback BUYERS you seem to have to watch out for! :-s

I have bought from 0 fb sellers and got smoking deals presumably because other potential buyers were afraid to bid. It all depends on what they are selling and how the listing is presented. if it looks like they are selling out of their closet with their own photos I usually feel ok. If it looks like they have multiples of new designer merchandise with stock photos only I hit the back button

I agree! Most people have to start somewhere when they want to start selling. If you are unsure, don't be afraid to ask the seller questions next time. If they are new, they are usually more anxious about answering all questions right away. That's how I was when I started selling on ebay. Also, like others have said, if you paid by PayPal, you are protected.

We all have to start somewhere.. and to be honest, the first buying
experience was a total joy.... in all of my transactions, have only had
2 challenges.... and they worked out ok....seller was happy & buyer was happy
(me) as well... so I say, go for it....

i have been pretty lucky... so far! most of my best deals on louis vuitton bags were from little or no feedback sellers. all items i got were authentic as well so worked out.

I think zero feedback means the seller might not fully aware of how things work on eBay. Are there enough pictures to justify item's condition/authenticity? Is the shipping charge OK to you? Does she use Priority or similar service?
On eBay, buyers are well protected but if if you are looking for a smooth transaction, it's not a bad idea to send a message to seller and ask questions you might have.
Good luck!

Thanks everyone!! I was super excited when I found the shoes for $200 but have read a million scam stories here (and have been scammed myself) that I was a bit hesitant! There was only one other bid and I assume it was because she/he was a new member and had no feedback.

I messages the seller and they said normally they use their dad's account to sell and gave me his username - he's been on for 12 years and has great feedback. The photos are actual photos and not stock, and they have nothing else up for sale right now. Shipping was a bit extreme ($25 ups ground), but they are new shoes w/box so I know shipping with insurance and everything can get a little costly. It's okay though because even with the shipping, the total price is a great deal.

Yay! Excited. Thanks all!

for kitties are cute: shipping a pair of Louboutin Clichy in their CL box from LA to NYC via USPS Priority Mail fully insured for $500 and placed inside an outer shipping box with packing to cushion the CL box runs about $23.

for kitties are cute: shipping a pair of Louboutin Clichy in their CL box from LA to NYC via USPS Priority Mail fully insured for $500 and placed inside an outer shipping box with packing to cushion the CL box runs about $23.

Thanks a lot! They are shipping from Pennsylvania to here in LA, with box and all. They are the Es Cubells style so might weigh a bit more than the Clichy.

I actually wish I would have known how much it cost to ship Louboutins before I sold some because I usually ended up spending a lot of own money!

Oh and up there in my original post I meant zero feedback seller, not buyer! I keep interchanging the words!

My best deals usually come from low feedback sellers. Recently I bought an LV bag from someone in another country with only 1 feedback. Just use your credit card so you are protected.

Thanks everyone!! I was super excited when I found the shoes for $200 but have read a million scam stories here (and have been scammed myself) that I was a bit hesitant! There was only one other bid and I assume it was because she/he was a new member and had no feedback.

I messages the seller and they said normally they use their dad's account to sell and gave me his username - he's been on for 12 years and has great feedback. The photos are actual photos and not stock, and they have nothing else up for sale right now. Shipping was a bit extreme ($25 ups ground), but they are new shoes w/box so I know shipping with insurance and everything can get a little costly. It's okay though because even with the shipping, the total price is a great deal.

Yay! Excited. Thanks all!

I've had good experiences with 0 feedback sellers too, though I do try and see if their listing seems legitimate before I purchase. Sounds like you'll have nothing to worry about. Great price, enjoy your new Louboutins :smile: