Buying from the UK:sooo long, tired of waiting . . . .

1. I purchased a Speedy from UKDesigner Items and the process is taking so long --

I purchased it (eBay) on Thursday 3/30. This is a MyPoupette seller so at least I feel comfortable with authenticity. But this seller doesn't take Paypal, so I had to go to the bank and order an International Money Order (surprise: this cost $25!). Had to wait a couple of days for this to come through. Mailed the IMO on April 4. Got a response that it was received a week later on April 11. But, they waited a over a full week for the funds to clear! (even though it was a MO and not a personal check) So, the bag was dispatched on April 19. It could be two weeks or more til I get it -- and then I will need to pay customs!

I'm sure all will be well when it finally gets here -- may-be by Mothers Day with a little luck? But I would advise against buying abroad, especially for something like a Speedy which are easy to find in the US.

2. Kick some ass and demand to know the status of YOUR bag? No excuse for laziness, as an example I mailed a setlist to NZ in 10 - DAYS!

Good luck (Chandi in London!)

Cx

3. Well, the bag has been received by Royal Mail and is "in processing" for the trip from UK to USA. I have a tracking number. I'm not angry at the seller, as this is their process -- just surprised, and chagrined.

4. A money order can be cashed straight away within mins .. why did that take so long :amuse:

5. Maybe the seller just want to play safe because nowadays, MO can be forged and there're few cases that USPS Money Orders are faked :hrmm:

Scary.... :cry:

6. I've heard of that, too. I think when dealing with eBay, everyone's best bet seems to be paypal. I hope you get your bag soon. I hate waiting.

7. If it's been sent through Royal mail global priority it shouldn't take too long. Parcel Force international (for heavier items) seems to take much longer! Normally I hear from my buyers that they've received it after a week of it being sent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice