Buying from reseller how to protect youself

annmac

Imabaghag
O.G.
Mar 26, 2011
Don't know where to post this. Mods. Feel free to move this thread. I am interested on buying from a reseller at malleries. His payment policy is over a certain amout to pay thru personal check, bankwire or money order. He only accept paypal it ist under a certain amount. I have never done this before. What are you guys opinion or what steps did you guys do to protect yourself. Thank you so much.

Don't do it if you have not dealt with the reseller before. There is no reason not to take PayPal over a certain amount except the reseller does not want to pay a higher percentage to PayPal.

Passau said:
Don't do it if you have not dealt with the reseller before. There is no reason not to take PayPal over a certain amount except the reseller does not want to pay a higher percentage to PayPal.

Exactly! That's what he told me. If it is over $4000 he won't accept paypal. I did my research and he is a good trusted reseller based on peoples review. Just not sure because i haven't done this before.

I would insist on PayPal for the full amount so you can be protected. There is nothing you can do to protect yourself by bank wire or money order although you can stop a personal check....by paying a big fee...

I would definitely stay away if he only accepts personal check, bankwire or money order. If you can pay thru paypal, go for it, but if not, I would stay away. I have read that those forms of payment are the ones that scammers love so be careful!

I was able to convince him to do paypal. I will pay for the paypal fees and he gave me free shipping. I didn't mind paying extra for peace of mind. So thanks everyone. :smile: