Buying from overseas?

BlondeVillain

Nov 16, 2010
Atlanta
Hi all,

I'm new - forgive me if this is in the wrong place! Been lurking for awhile but now I have a Damier 30 on it's way to me yaaaaaaaay!!!! My first LV! Found it pre-loved on ebay. By all accounts appears authentic but there's always a tiny part of me that is wary. Anyway, since I'm almost an official owner I thought I'd make an honest woman of myself and join TPF!:smile:

I now have my eye on a couple Black Epi 25's on ebay. I'm noticing a lot coming out of Asia. That makes me a little nervous buying overseas, should I be? Especially since I know a lot of fakes come from there. A couple of these sellers say they are My Poupette recommended, but I know anyone can say anything. Has anyone bought from China/Japan? Do you have to pay customs fees and how much are they usually? Is buying from sellers there inherently more risky or am I being silly?

Also, I thought Epi's didn't have lining - is that just the older ones?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to being a part of the LV family:graucho:

Amy

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
Hi! Welcome!

Whatever bags you look at, post the link on the "authenticate this" thread (and make sure you have the appropriate photos). This has saved me from spending money on fakes!!