Buying from LV site and can't try on: What size Speedy should I get?

Feb 3, 2013
I'm hours from the nearest LV (NYC) and was going to wait to go try on Speedys in Azur. I hear there's going to be a price increase on the 18th so I feel like I should by from louisvuitton.com. Here's my dilema: 30 or 35?
I'm 5'4 and curvy (not fat; curvy body type that ranges from perfect weight from my frame to 15 lbs over weight and back again) and I am generally a fan of a big bag. Anyone else with a similar body type have any suggestions?
Also, the reason I'm choosing a speedy is that I don't like how the warm dark patina clashes (IMO) with the cool tones of the print. It was between the speedy and the Artsy but all of my newest LVs have open mouths and I'm ready for a zipper. :biggrin:

I would say 30. For me 35 is more of a weekend bag or something..well it depends on how much stuff you carry around though ;)
Give it a try at your LV store to be sure.

I would say 30. For me 35 is more of a weekend bag or something..well it depends on how much stuff you carry around though ;)
Give it a try at your LV store to be sure.

Thanks! I was going to hold off but the looming price increase made me pull the trigger. I ended up ordering the 35. It should be here soon so hopefully I made the right decision! (If not I have a nice new weekend overnight bag!!!)

I'm 5'4 and about 125lbs I had the exact same dilemma but when I saw the 35 I fell in love. I've always loved the oversized look and this the size is perfect for me. I knew I would regret getting the 30 so I ended up with the 35 People say the bag will sag in time but I have a shaper inside which always keeps its structured! Hope this helps! :smile: Here's a picture:

image-1986700641.jpg

I'm 5'4 and about 125lbs I had the exact same dilemma but when I saw the 35 I fell in love. I've always loved the oversized look and this the size is perfect for me. I knew I would regret getting the 30 so I ended up with the 35 People say the bag will sag in time but I have a shaper inside which always keeps its structured! Hope this helps! :smile: Here's a picture:

View attachment 2061096

Perfect, thank you! 125 is my "perfect weight for my frame" so this pic is soooo helpful! I did get the 35 should be here in a few days. Where/what kind of shaper did you get? I looked and wasn't sure which places have the 35 size.

i definitely prefer the 35 for the speedy. the opening is larger than the 30. that being said, if you were buying the speedy b and wanted it crossbody, then the 30 might work better, but for handheld, the 35 is a great bag. i carry mine more than any other lv and i'm around your size. hope you love your speedy!

i definitely prefer the 35 for the speedy. the opening is larger than the 30. that being said, if you were buying the speedy b and wanted it crossbody, then the 30 might work better, but for handheld, the 35 is a great bag. i carry mine more than any other lv and i'm around your size. hope you love your speedy!

Yay! I can't wait for it to come!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

eal76 said:
Perfect, thank you! 125 is my "perfect weight for my frame" so this pic is soooo helpful! I did get the 35 should be here in a few days. Where/what kind of shaper did you get? I looked and wasn't sure which places have the 35 size.

I basically just typed in 'speedy 35 shaper' and tons of results came in. Since I have a DE Speedy I got a shaper/organizer that's red to match my interior plus it keeps my interior clean!