Buying from Ebay... :(

So the tag got polished on the way? The badly tarnished tag was the one shown in the listing and the polished tag is the one received and the issue is that the tag is tarnished? :confused1:
This is what happens when I try and make sense of things before my first cup of coffee.

Last edited:
BeenBurned said:
Honestly, in comparing the two pictures you posted, your own picture looks less scratched and tarnished than the one in the listing.

Truly, I don't see any non-disclosure or snad.

We shall we what eBay say, looks like a very simple process that will only take 8 days. The second photo clearly shows discolouration, the first shows no discolouration at all and is very misleading, the difference is very apparent to me. Whats more there was no mention of it in the description. Its the main identifying feature on the front of the bag, so its important. I offered to pay return postage and return in same packaging first thing tomorrow but no joy.

A few of you will know I've been lusting after a Mitzy messenger, well I ordered one from eBay and its just arrived and I'm really disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the bag itself is lovely, but the front plaque has tarnished. I've attached the photo advertised and a photo of the actual plaque. It was advertised as undamaged, just a few tiny scratches, but this is obviously not the case.

I've messaged the seller for a refund, she has a no returns policy but the item received was not as described. I'm hoping she'll take it back, she's been lovely so far but it did look like the plaque had been polished and damaged in the process.

If she refuses what are my options? How easy/quick is it to claim back against Paypal for goods not as described? I know for counterfeit goods it's fairly easy but unsure on this. It's just too obvious for me to put up with, the tarnish is clearly visible, I saw it within seconds. You can't really tell from my photo just how obvious the colour difference is.

Don't think I have the confidence to buy off EBay again, you can never be sure what you'll receive. Gutted :sad:

The plaque looks better in the second pic to me.

poopsie2 said:
So the tag got polished on the way? The badly tarnished tag was the one shown in the listing and the polished tag is the one received and the issue is that the tag is tarnished? :confused1:
This is what happens when I try and make sense of tings before my first cup of coffee.

Ha! The second photo, where the plaque looks shiny is mine taken upon receipt. The first is from the listing. When I say tarnished I mean discoloured (seen on the tree and wording in the second photo). It looks like an attempt was made to clean the plaque at some point which may have stripped the top gold coating. No way of knowing for sure how it happened. Either way its not as advertised.

Ha! The second photo, where the plaque looks shiny is mine taken upon receipt. The first is from the listing. When I say tarnished I mean discoloured (seen on the tree and wording in the second photo). It looks like an attempt was made to clean the plaque at some point which may have stripped the top gold coating. No way of knowing for sure how it happened. Either way its not as advertised.

I think the second picture appears to have been photoshopped.

Too bad the seller already left feedback for you. But having done that, she might save other Mulberry sellers.

BeenBurned said:
I think the second picture appears to have been photoshopped.

Too bad the seller already left feedback for you. But having done that, she might save other Mulberry sellers.

Wow. I offered to send the seller more photos of the tarnishing and she'll see the damage for herself when she gets the bag back. Either way your suspicious nature is unjustified.

I'm on Lucinda's side here, the item is not as shown in the pictures. Even if the seller attempted to make it better, she shouldn't have done that. There is the discolouration which was not there before.

I sell things occasionally on ebay and always make sure I clean anything before taking pictures, once the pictures have been taken that's how I send out the items.

qtyuki said:
I'm on Lucinda's side here, the item is not as shown in the pictures. Even if the seller attempted to make it better, she shouldn't have done that. There is the discolouration which was not there before.

I sell things occasionally on ebay and always make sure I clean anything before taking pictures, once the pictures have been taken that's how I send out the items.

Thank you, it's appreciated! I contacted the seller a second time to re-request a refund but no response, so I've filed a claim with eBay. Hoping it will be resolved quickly.

Hi .i don't get it either .
Do you mean the edges of the letter and the tree are like ,,spilled into sides ,,?

Konicek007 said:
Hi .i don't get it either .
Do you mean the edges of the letter and the tree are like ,,spilled into sides ,,?

If you look at the photos, it looks like the top layer of gold colour has worn off/ been rubbed off, its noticeable over the brand name and tree logo, revealing a pinkish colour below. Either that or something has caused the original colour to change.

Filed claim with eBay with supporting evidence.

If you look at the photos, it looks like the top layer of gold colour has worn off/ been rubbed off, its noticeable over the brand name and tree logo, revealing a pinkish colour below. Either that or something has caused the original colour to change.

I can see that the plaque looks very different .. Did you ask the seller what did she do to it prior of sending it to you ? Is actually the same bag??

I get it now . Yes u are right . It looks like it was rubbed off ...
I wouldn't be happy either .

qtyuki said:
I hope you hear back from eBay soon! :smile:

Thanks! Seller is refusing to refund so I have to wait 8 days before escalating to eBay. Fairly confident they'll see it my way as the evidence is clear and I've been as polite and concise as possible to the seller at all times about my grievance but not counting my chickens. Lesson learned, so I can take that away with me if nothing else! :{