Buying first Chanel bag. (boy bag)

kitty.22

Feb 22, 2019
I am going to buy my first Chanel handbag and im gonna go with Chanel boy bag because its kinda my style.

But I dont know how to choose because I like everything, the chevron, quilted, RHW,GHW,SHW.

I know that there are many kind of hardware but I search on internet and i dont really see the different.
So can someone help me? I mean which hardware should I go with?

Also, I know that I have my heart set on caviar leather with dark color like black (the only color that i know..).
But does anyone has anymore idea of any other dark colors? (providing pictures as examples would be nice ^^)

Lastly, do you have to contact Chanel store and ask about availability before you visit the store? Is it necessary? I live in Sweden so I will go to Chanel store in Stockholm.

There are lots of good examples on Instagram if you search Chanel Boy bag to help narrow down your favourites but agree with the previous poster that your best bet is to head to your nearest store and try them on. Enjoy!

Reactions: kitty.22
Iridescent, I believe, costs more. Chanel prices their items based on material. The base price is usually calfskin. I personally don't like the boy bag so I don't keep up with all the variations that have been released.

I was in Chanel the other day and I saw a lot of grays, deep blues, and burgundies for their fall collection (I think it's fall lol). My store is small so the only bags on display are current season. Past seasons are tucked away in cabinets throughout the store. Not sure if all boutiques do this too. I have to ask to see all the options they have in-store for a specific style.

My caveat with Chanel is that they make a lot of variations for styles, but there's no way to know what has been released in the past because the website doesn't keep track of it. You should really know what bag you want to get and in what materials to make your life easier. Since you haven't seen the differences, just go to the store and ask them to show you your different combo options. If they don't carry a boy bag in the material you want, ask to see another bag that features that material in the store. It will still give you an idea of what to expect.

I love the Boy bag! Just recently got a caviar with ruthenium hardware. I usually wear my Boy on the weekends with jeans so I like the ruthenium. The gold hardware can come across as dressy. My 2.55 has gold hw because it’s in the rotation for bags I wear to the office with my suits.

Go try them on. You can’t really go wrong with a Chanel. Good luck! :biggrin:

Omg so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing.

But is caviar leather always available at chanel store? Because i heard that if you want caviar chanel classic flap you have to wait for some months or something.

They are classics, so they always come back around, but many stores have waiting lists for certain sizes or styles. I waited about six weeks for my medium black caviar boy with ruthenium hardware, and the store got one in gold hardware about two weeks after that. However, I was able to get my black caviar M/L classic flap immediately also as they had just gotten a shipment - I walked in and there it was.

Omg so beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing.

But is caviar leather always available at chanel store? Because i heard that if you want caviar chanel classic flap you have to wait for some months or something.

Your best bet is to go to or contact your nearest boutique or department store that carries Chanel to see what they have in stock. It really varies from season to season.