buying epi from ebay

baiyishang

O.G.
Nov 28, 2006
I am recently looking for an used epi speedy or alma from ebay, but I notice most of the epi bags selling on ebay are from japan. Why those sellers have so many inventory of epi? They look like vintage but in good condition. Anyone know the background?

Thanks

I'm sure they are all used. Once in a blue moon, you get a chance to see a new one waltzing out. But the possibility is very very slim.
I've dealt with a Japanese seller before for an epi speedy. He was a MPRS, and my experience was good. Sorry, I can only tell you this much.

I've bought a few Epi pieces from Japan via Ebay and have been very happy. They love their Epi bags, and forgive my stereotyping... but I've heard they do change their bags quite often!

They really look after their bags, hence the number of resellers online. Some do have a smell due to the humidity and having been in storage so if you have a sensitive nose be sure to check with the seller.

Happy shopping and remember to always get them authenticated first!

I've bought a few Epi pieces from Japan via Ebay and have been very happy. They love their Epi bags, and forgive my stereotyping... but I've heard they do change their bags quite often!

They really look after their bags, hence the number of resellers online. Some do have a smell due to the humidity and having been in storage so if you have a sensitive nose be sure to check with the seller.

Happy shopping and remember to always get them authenticated first!

This is very true! A Pre-loved store in HK said that the Japanese only use their bags a few times then they sell them to get new ones...they always want to use something new that's why there are a lot of bags coming from over there. Most of the bags with vachetta that come from Japan mostly look like they've never been used! My MIL was able to buy this Vernis Forsyte in Mango yellow and the handles don't have a single mark on them...it's darkened but have no evidence of use whatsoever. The beauty of it is the price...she only got it equivalent to AUD325!

i bought a red epi 30 speedy from a Japanese seller & it was perfection. After I got the bag auth'd here I felt secure in bidding on the bag. i was pleasantly surprised with its condition & though there have been comments about odd smells my bag had no odors.

I am recently looking for an used epi speedy or alma from ebay, but I notice most of the epi bags selling on ebay are from japan. Why those sellers have so many inventory of epi? They look like vintage but in good condition. Anyone know the background?

Thanks

Don't know why that is either, but I just purchased one from a Japanese seller recently, and it's a beauty. Just be careful and do your homework before buying.