Buying Celine Bag for Mother's Day - Celine Website v. 24 Sevres?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm getting my mom a Celine bag (still deciding between the black medium 16 besace or micro belt bag) for Mother's Day, but due to the US store closures, I'm going to have to order it online and have it shipped to her home. Both bags are available on the Celine website and on 24S. Do you guys have any experience with online orders from either site/would you recommend one over the other? It's a gift (and her 1st Celine bag!!), so I'm particularly interested in packaging, etc. Thank you!!

2. Haven't ordered from Celine, but if you YT unboxing from 24s, you'll see their packaging is unique and nice.

h2omarine likes this.
  3. I bought a pair of shoes from 24s and I was surprised that the order was tax free! They beautifully wrapped the shoes as well. I was really impressed!

h2omarine likes this.
  4. Thanks for the info! Just watched some unboxing videos and the 24s packaging is really nice!

5. 24s is the online shop of le Bon Marché department store in Paris which is the nicest and most luxurious in my opinion. I'm sure their online deliveries are lovely!
    Added bonus, they have a 10% gift card fidelity program that you can subscribe to online and it's free (you'll find the exact terms and conditions on their site).

layd3k and h2omarine like this.
  6. Go with 24S. They sometimes offer cash back through extrabux.com, that is even more saving on top of the sales tax. And their shipping is fast and packaging is amazing, customer service is excellent. I love buying from them.

h2omarine likes this.
  7. I can only agree. Ordered from 24s before once and it came in the most beautiful Christmas packaging ever!

h2omarine likes this.
  8. Thanks everyone! I usually shop at US retailers, Matches, and Mytheresa, so I was pretty bummed that none of them carried the bag. Hearing all the great reviews about 24S is making me pretty excited to order from the site now!

9. I actually ordered a bag from them a few weeks ago. Their Paris Box(?) packaging is sleek and pretty. I thought deliveries would be delayed but they shipped next day and arrived the day after that (Ordered Mar 30, shipped Mar 31, delivered at my door Apr 1 from France to US). Note I do live in a major city. Just double check your shipping address, I noticed their interface was a bit funky (and if you try to edit your shipping in your profile, upon loading the page it will default the state to Alabama or something).

h2omarine likes this.
  10. Did you have to pay a lot in duties? I haven’t gone all the way through the checkout process, but its showing about $600 for a box bag.

h2omarine likes this.
  11. Whatever the total price is at the bottom of the page was the final price for me. Duties and shipping was already included. I also used a promo code for 15% off that I found off google but I don't know if that promotion is still ongoing.

h2omarine likes this.
  12. If I remember correctly, 24s is owned by LVMH and I think Celine is under LVMH too. That’s why it’s like the sole online retailer which has Celine. However, it is usually excluded from promotion code or so.

h2omarine likes this.
  13. The import tax and duties depend on your country. The shipping is free for a Celine merchandises as they cost more than the free shipping threshold amount.

h2omarine likes this.
  14. if you have an Amex, check to see if 24S currently has an Amex Offer. I've seen 4x Amex points or $100 off $500 !! FYI my friend once had issues with returning something to them, but eventually figured it out. customs makes it a bit complicated.

h2omarine and shopmycloset_lk like this.
  15. The Webster currently has 25% off current Celine styles with no tax. Maybe worth checking out if they have the belt bag in a color you’re looking for.

h2omarine likes this.